Vitus Vitesse (2013)

NeXXus
NeXXus Posts: 854
edited November 2014 in Your road bikes
Don't see too many Vitus in general so here is one of mine :)

2l2vPuM.jpg
u37foxZ.jpg
n9AbJbm.jpg
362Sabx.jpg
yBUDNv0.jpg
ZbIT3rz.jpg
And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.

Comments

• Nice looking Bike. It looks very clean. Have you ridden her yet?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • NeXXus
    It's done many thousands of miles :D
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    NeXXus had the same bike but all sorts of problems with it :( just unlucky as I know a few people who have the same bike. Yours really looks the part, great condition.
    After a long wait ended up with this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitu ... prod107034 which I really enjoyed (haven't been out on it for 4 months and could be a long while yet). Great deals in the current sale.
  • NeXXus
    I had a 2013 Zenium VRS :) Raced on it, used it as a winter bike then sold it on along with another Vitus MTB :twisted:

You've seen these pics before haven't you Carl :P
  • Sodafarl
    NeXXus wrote:
    I had a 2013 Zenium VRS :) Raced on it, used it as a winter bike then sold it on along with another Vitus MTB :twisted:

You've seen these pics before haven't you Carl :P
    I think so on Facebook BikeFixBelfast was raving about how good a condition it was in. Really looks the part. :D
    Surprised more people around Norn Ireland don't have Vitus Bikes.(mine was the cheap version :oops: )
  • NeXXus
    Yep, Geoff at bikefixbelfast is a mate/clubmate. Top all round bloke
  • Sodafarl
    NeXXus wrote:
    Yep, Geoff at bikefixbelfast is a mate/clubmate. Top all round bloke
    Seen him at a few Triathlons seems a nice guy take it you are with Madigan not that far from me then :D
  • NeXXus
    Yep 8)
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Nice bike, but you should be clamping that by the seatpost! Those Goodridge sleeves are quite shouty aren't they...
  • NeXXus
    Nice bike, but you should be clamping that by the seatpost! Those Goodridge sleeves are quite shouty aren't they...
    Why would I clamp it by the seatpost? I don't like the sleeves,they're coming off :)
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    NeXXus wrote:
    Why would I clamp it by the seatpost? I don't like the sleeves,they're coming off :)

Carbon frame tubes are not designed to be clamped so you could in theory crush the tube. I don't know anyone that's done it but that's industry recommendation. Seatpost is designed to be clamped so safe to do so and that's what you're recommended to do.
  • NeXXus
    Stupidly low clamp force, not going to panic :wink: