Any bass players here?

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 793
edited November 2014 in The cake stop
I'm looking to sell a Warwick Corvette Standard, however I'm not sure what to price it at. I've seen them go on ebay for as low as 350, but a quick google shows that gak.co.uk were selling one (now discontinued) for £1259 which seems a lot. I know there are a lot of subtle differences that can influence the price, so I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea of what I should ask for mine? The specs are:

Corvette Standard Bubinga 4 String
Produced : May 2003 Germany
- Ovangkol neck
- Wenge Fingerboard
- Just-A-Nut III
- Bubinga body
- Active MEC 2-way electronics
- Passive MEC "Dynamic Correction" J/J pickups
- 24 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (Width: 2,9mm/height: 1,3mm)
- 2-piece Warwick bridge
- Warwick security locks
- Chrome hardware

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    How much did you buy it for and what sort of condition is it in? The Corvette is a great, highly versatile instrument and you can get some serious money for that. For example.
    Have you thought about selling it to a buyer in the eurozone? With the pound still weak in comparison, you might be able to get yourself another couple of hundred like that.
  • I think I paid around £750 in 2004, I bought it new and it's hardly been played so it's in perfect condition. I hadn't really thought about where I'd sell it yet, I have a friend who is interested when I mentioned looking to sell it. After checking online though, the prices seem to vary so much. The one you linked to, the one on gak.co.uk that I mentioned...and then all of them on ebay going for around £400
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Hmm, in that case I don't know what to advise. You might be best off looking at how much you would pay for a brand new one these days and then knocking 20% off.
  • I paid 350 for the same bass. Mine is and was in very good condition. I think I got it cheap mind.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Rule 16: Do not post "How much is it worth?" topics. If you want to know, look on other sites for a benchmark.
    viewtopic.php?f=40034&t=12846748&p=17546828#p17546828
This discussion has been closed.