The NERVE of FIFA!!!

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
FIFA have published the results of their totally impartial investigation into the World Cup fix allegations…remember they did their own with a solicitor paid by them, and who actually works for them…so that is impartial from the off!!!

It appears we, England are to be blamed for dirtying FIFA's name by our underhanded attempt to get the 2018 WC…and FIFA are in no way to be blamed for ANYTHING and Quatar if that's how its spelled are blameless in the way they secured the 2022 WC..

If Blatter and his cronies need any indication of the depth of their own malfeasance then they only need to read this to realise they might have "over egged" it just a touch!!!
It beggars belief that they honestly expect the football/wider community to swallow this pile of SH1T…it has been a long held thought, and it's no secret that the FIFA panel, with Blatter at the helm need replacing, they are on the gravy train and are living life high on the hog, which is fine, if you just indulge but are fair with it.
The problem with FIFA is they are so obviously wide of the mark in their integrity issues that people just laugh at them now.
Thry took over football some years ago, and now are seen as the ruling body of the game, i often ask myself why…it's a bit like a dictator just declaring himself in charge!!
The flip side is that the entire worlds other governing bodies are tacitly in agreement because they sit by and do nothing, and have therefore allowed FIFA to become this bloated all powerful body that are there for the " good" of the game…G1!!!!
We, that is the England FA should denounce FIFA, and so should the Premier League and all other world organisations…refuse to recognise their clearly dodgy behaviour and form a new body that actually represents footy, and not itself!!!!!

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    A corrupt organisation sets up its own investigation into corruption and finds that it is not corrupt.

Surprised that anyone is surprised to be honest.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I can not think of another industry where "conflict of interest" isn't sanctioned.

FIFA officials are allowed to accept gifts, any other industry and you would be ridiculed. its quite laughable
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    It beggars belief that they honestly expect the football/wider community to swallow this pile of SH1T…
    Fifa do expect and the community does swallow.

What is even more worrying is that Platini is happy to follow Blatter's footsteps explicitly. (Ruining the reputation that he had as a player).
    The future is bleak for fair play.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    VTech wrote:
    I can not think of another industry where "conflict of interest" isn't sanctioned.

Formula 1 a great example of dodgy dealings
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    PBlakeney wrote:
    It beggars belief that they honestly expect the football/wider community to swallow this pile of SH1T…
    Fifa do expect and the community does swallow.

What is even more worrying is that Platini is happy to follow Blatter's footsteps explicitly. (Ruining the reputation that he had as a player).
    The future is bleak for fair play.
    Platini is a great let down, so much expected of him and he's now just another official feathering his own nest
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    VTech wrote:

Exactly. The Fifa debacle immediately reminded me of Bernie's shady conduct.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I wish people understood the Government the same way, this is just football after all. How does it being corrupt really affect us? Its annoying yes, but there's far more important corruption going on!

For example, throughout all the recent WW1 commemorations, at no point did anyone actually tell us who funded the war, like that aspect of it somehow doesn't matter. Well it does - its ALL that matters, because thats how and why the war took place at all. They tell us it started because one man got shot, as if that could cause a world war. You've got to be insane to believe that with the information available to us now.

I'll tell you who funded WW1 - the Warburg brothers. One brother funded one side, the other the other.

Remember Ben Linus in "Lost" well, that to me is how the world works. People told what to think etc but in a way that they are made to think they are doing the right thing, or acting off their own back, when in reality they were "corralled" into that way of thinking. That is, marginalized because they thought differently.

It happens with me on this forum, I get told the way to the nearest mental home, or told I am trolling. Not really, most of the time, I'm not. If I am trolling there's usually some indication like silly faces.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Manc33
    At least our league isn't like Italy.There, you have Juventus claiming to have won the trophy 20+ times and teams like Roma and others claiming it is something like 12 times in reality because 8 of them were won due to corruption. Also in Italy, there are matches where the game can't start until a guy from the Mafia says so. I'm not joking.

FIFA hating the English goes back decades. If we ever win anything like the World Cup it will be on a wing and a prayer.

Thing is look at all the hooliganism we have done in the past, can you blame FIFA for treating us a bit differently? I'm not trolling I'm saying look at the other side (if there is one).
  • Manc33 wrote:
    Thing is look at all the hooliganism we have done in the past, can you blame FIFA for treating us a bit differently? I'm not trolling I'm saying look at the other side (if there is one).

And yet we are one of the safest countries in Europe now to watch a football match. Whilst problems get worse across many countries in Europe, England very rarely has any problems at or near a ground.
  • VTech
    Monkeypump wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Exactly. The Fifa debacle immediately reminded me of Bernie's shady conduct.

No this is not the case.
    Any team even remotely linked to this kind of action has been handed very bad punishment.

Formula 1 is NOT like fifa.

Fifa is corrupt at all levels
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:

And yet we are one of the safest countries in Europe now to watch a football match. Whilst problems get worse across many countries in Europe, England very rarely has any problems at or near a ground.
    There does seem to be more than a fair share of selective vision on that subject.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • VTech
    There is no point in arguing safety issues.
    Safety is of no consequence, as is the same for racism or any other kind of problem found football.

The ONLY issue is money. its a money business and that will always be the way within the current setup.
    Living MY dream.
  • Manc33
    I remember years ago FIFA testing the Russian World Cup team and banning a striker for doping and my dad saying "If that was a French striker they would have let him off".

Its not just England FIFA is harsh on, but they are perhaps the most harsh on us. They are certainly bias towards teams like France, but Brazil as well I think.

I still think Mike Tyson was innocent though. :roll: Went to jail when he had all three belts, the only boxer to have ever achieved such a thing. He was also a guy that if you tried to bribe him he would tell you where to go, he was a genuine sportsman despite him biting people's ears, I am not talking about that, I mean he was proud of what he did and was always going to just end up getting demonized and in the end jailed. Watch Mike Tyson on that recent interview he did, this guy ain't stupid.

Back on topic though its just crazy that somewhere like Qatar would get the World Cup.

I would rather Italy hosted it again before England. Has Qatar even been involved in a World Cup? I don't have to look beyond that to smell something fishy! Ruddy Qatar of all places.
  • pblakeney
    VTech wrote:
    There is no point in arguing safety issues.
    Safety is of no consequence, as is the same for racism or any other kind of problem found football.

The ONLY issue is money. its a money business and that will always be the way within the current setup.
    Succinctly put!
    Applies to all professional sport too.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • VTech
    Manc33 wrote:
    I remember years ago FIFA testing the Russian World Cup team and banning a striker for doping and my dad saying "If that was a French striker they would have let him off".

Its not just England FIFA is harsh on, but they are perhaps the most harsh on us. They are certainly bias towards teams like France, but Brazil as well I think.

I still think Mike Tyson was innocent though. :roll: Went to jail when he had all three belts, the only boxer to have ever achieved such a thing. He was also a guy that if you tried to bribe him he would tell you where to go, he was a genuine sportsman despite him biting people's ears, I am not talking about that, I mean he was proud of what he did and was always going to just end up getting demonized and in the end jailed. Watch Mike Tyson on that recent interview he did, this guy ain't stupid.

Back on topic though its just crazy that somewhere like Qatar would get the World Cup.

I would rather Italy hosted it again before England. Has Qatar even been involved in a World Cup? I don't have to look beyond that to smell something fishy! Ruddy Qatar of all places.

I was with tyson at the weekend in Vegas, I still think he was innocent of what he was convicted for.
    Living MY dream.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    Manc33 wrote:
    Watch Mike Tyson on that recent interview he did, this guy ain't stupid.

Not sure that he is that smart either.

He should have been wealthy enough to retire and enjoys the fruits of his labour............

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/riches ... net-worth/

Now I am not suggesting that this website is particularly accurate but it does give an indication of where Ty sits in the overall scheme of things.

As far F1 is concerned it may not be FIFA but Mr Ecclestone doesn't really help its image with all his shinanigins and business deals.
  • VTech
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

He should have been wealthy enough to retire and enjoys the fruits of his labour............

Now I am not suggesting that this website is particularly accurate but it does give an indication of where Ty sits in the overall scheme of things.

As far F1 is concerned it may not be FIFA but Mr Ecclestone doesn't really help its image with all his shinanigins and business deals.

Tyson is broke, he has an order to the IRS that will mean he dies without getting to his previous financial status.

Mr Ecclestone is incredibly corrupt, he is destroying F1 but unlike FIFA he is with a select few whereas FIFA is riddled.
    Living MY dream.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,366
    Looks like this one is going to fund a few popcorn vendors.

From the above link

"Fifa's report into allegations of corruption during the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups has been questioned - by the man who investigated claims of wrongdoing.

Michael Garcia, who conducted a two-year inquiry, said the report "contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations".

So FIFA fighting FIFA now . . . cosmic.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    VTech wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Tyson is broke, he has an order to the IRS that will mean he dies without getting to his previous financial status.

Mr Ecclestone is incredibly corrupt, he is destroying F1 but unlike FIFA he is with a select few whereas FIFA is riddled.

Presumably then Tyson's disposable income is capped and anything over an above that goes to the IRS. Seems pretty stupid to let yourself get to that stage.

Don't disagree with your alleged statements on F1 and FIFA ;-)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Manc33 wrote:
    I wish people understood the Government the same way, this is just football after all. How does it being corrupt really affect us? Its annoying yes, but there's far more important corruption going on!

For example, throughout all the recent WW1 commemorations, at no point did anyone actually tell us who funded the war, like that aspect of it somehow doesn't matter. Well it does - its ALL that matters, because thats how and why the war took place at all. They tell us it started because one man got shot, as if that could cause a world war. You've got to be insane to believe that with the information available to us now.

I'll tell you who funded WW1 - the Warburg brothers. One brother funded one side, the other the other.

Remember Ben Linus in "Lost" well, that to me is how the world works. People told what to think etc but in a way that they are made to think they are doing the right thing, or acting off their own back, when in reality they were "corralled" into that way of thinking. That is, marginalized because they thought differently.

It happens with me on this forum, I get told the way to the nearest mental home, or told I am trolling. Not really, most of the time, I'm not. If I am trolling there's usually some indication like silly faces.

Nurse! He's out of bed again.
  • bianchimoon
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Nurse! He's out of bed again.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    A corrupt organisation sets up its own investigation into corruption and finds that it is not corrupt.

I'm with Bally on this.

IMO most sporting organisational bodies are self serving, FIFA seem to take it to an extreme and I don't know why they're not investigated by the police.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    Ballysmate wrote:

I'm with Bally on this.

IMO most sporting organisational bodies are self serving, FIFA seem to take it to an extreme and I don't know why they're not investigated by the police.

Because they are not acting illegally.
    Ethics and legalities are separate.

Most organisations run off a "duty of care", to serve the greater good. FIFA, unlike almost every other organisation on earth set their own rules and is run by and incredibly corrupt person, Sep Blatter. He allows "gifts" to be given to delegates which is why the jobs are so sought after. I doubt you will find a single FIFA delegate who travels anything less that First Class and who has purchased a car or paid for a holiday privately.

It is incredibly east to get drawn into this lifestyle, you don't have to pay and are showered with things you could only dream of and to put the cream on the top, your paid to do this job !!!
    Living MY dream.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Sep Blatter, extracts from his CV :-

1.Head of the Swiss Ice Hockey Federation ...... Can anyone remember Switzerland playing ice hockey at Winter Olympics?
    2. Organising committee for the Olympics 1972..... Israel will remember that one.
    3. Organising committee for the Olympics 1976..... I think the host city are still paying that one off.
    4. Head of a tourist board for a region of Switzerland.

Hardly a candidate for running the largest sporting organisation in the world is it?

His Annual Salary $1.4m, and Nett Worth $20m. I expect to see his nett worth to be approx $50m by 2022. Which would mean some fantastic investment planning or some fantastic investment planning in the Middle East.

World cup 2022 Qatar, a country smaller in area than Scotland with a population of 2.17million, less than half that of Scotland. I think our Celtic cousins north of the border have a very good case in submitting a bid for 2026.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • VTech
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Sep Blatter, extracts from his CV :-

1.Head of the Swiss Ice Hockey Federation ...... Can anyone remember Switzerland playing ice hockey at Winter Olympics?
    2. Organising committee for the Olympics 1972..... Israel will remember that one.
    3. Organising committee for the Olympics 1976..... I think the host city are still paying that one off.
    4. Head of a tourist board for a region of Switzerland.

Hardly a candidate for running the largest sporting organisation in the world is it?

His Annual Salary $1.4m, and Nett Worth $20m. I expect to see his nett worth to be approx $50m by 2022. Which would mean some fantastic investment planning or some fantastic investment planning in the Middle East.

World cup 2022 Qatar, a country smaller in area than Scotland with a population of 2.17million, less than half that of Scotland. I think our Celtic cousins north of the border have a very good case in submitting a bid for 2026.

I would be surprised if he isn't worth well into the multiple hundreds of millions.
    The problem with "accounting net worth" is that it doesn't always show shares and investment portfolio.

Qatar is small but rich, vastly rich. We have just opened a coffee shop in Qatar, its going to do quite well :)
    Living MY dream.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30103293

The plot thickens...

"Blatter said: "If we had anything to hide, we would hardly be taking this matter to the Attorney General." "

...or rather "Why the hell didn't that idiot Garcia keep his gob shut! - Now we actually have to do something!"
  • bianchimoon
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30103293

The plot thickens...

"Blatter said: "If we had anything to hide, we would hardly be taking this matter to the Attorney General." "

...or rather "Why the hell didn't that idiot Garcia keep his gob shut! - Now we actually have to do something!"
    Wonder wh the individuals are mentioned, the only ones criticised for doing anything illegal in that report were the English for giving gifts etc?
    The complaint relates to individuals connected with the bid process.
    President Sepp Blatter has acted on the advice of judge Hans-Joachim Eckhert, whose 42-page report cleared Russia and Qatar to host the next two World Cups.
  • pblakeney
    They hoped for a whitewash.
    The whistle was blown.
    Now they look for a scapegoat.

Enough cliches for a football thread?
    Veronese68 wrote: