Genesis Equilibrium Disc

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited November 2014 in Your road bikes
Just built this up using parts from my CDF. The CDF was just too big and is now in the classifieds!

Bought the frameset in the sale and just swapped everything over - much better fit and just about to go out on the first ride :D Some tweeking left to do as you can see including cutting the steerer.

IMG_8671_zps2d3e193a.jpg
IMG_8674_zpsec53e91d.jpg

IMG_8676_zpse3c1622d.jpg
IMG_8677_zpsc46711d9.jpg

Comments

• Nice bike - how does it ride compared to your CdF?

I've just updated my Croix de Fer with lots of new goodies - just the bar tape to do and that'll be me :-)
  • bmxboy10
    AberdeenAl wrote:
    Nice bike - how does it ride compared to your CdF?

I've just updated my Croix de Fer with lots of new goodies - just the bar tape to do and that'll be me :-)

What I would say is they both ride similarly but to me the CDF felt quite stiff and dare I say it uncomfortable (due to sizing issue maybe) whereas the ED is more plush and planted. I think that people think having steel forks is an issue but can honestly say the 631 front end feels like it is able to absorb the bumps in the road very well and the bike tracks well too. As with all things new I am quite smitten but not because its a new bike but because it fits really well.

I feel that the ED will take a bit of cycle path action with no issues so in a way it feels as robust as the cdf but is perhaps a bit more refined. Its not as "zingy" as the Enigma Elite I rode in the summer nor is it as desireable as the Rourke I was lusting over but at about a grand less than both these framesets I am well pleased overall.

What I kind of like about it is that the bike was a bit of a bargain and I am happy with the outcome plus I got to build a bike for very little costs which has been something I have wanted to do for a while now. I will wait to get a few more miles under my belt but I am seriously thinking about selling the carbon bike and getting a decent set of wheels for this and just having one bike.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    Good job on your build, what size frame is it and have you weighed it? Agree that the steerer tube needs cutting once you've decided on the bar height.
  • bmxboy10
    Don't have facilities to weigh the bike but its not light :wink:

Its a 54cm and is perfect for me.