Hooky bike adds

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited November 2014 in MTB general
Now we all know that all bikes on Gumtree are stolen, but for this add I doubt very much he even has the bike in the photo!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/mount ... 1088187522
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I just messaged him...
    Hi mate,

I'm very interested, but first can you write "This is not a dodgy Gumtree scam" and today's date on a piece of paper, and then take a photo of it next to the bike.

Last time I bought a bike on here I went to collect it and woke up 3 days later in a bathtub full of ice cubes with one of my kidneys missing, so as you can imagine I am somewhat cautious these days!

Cheers,

Lee
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Love the description...

THIS IS A NICE MOUNTAIN BIKE
    HAVE USED IT FOR A FEW WEEKS AND IS GREAT
    LOVE THE LOOKS AND DRIVES PERFECTLY
    NO PROBLEMS
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ugly but I'd pay £150. Have messaged him.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    CitizenLee wrote:
    I just messaged him...
    Hi mate,

I'm very interested, but first can you write "This is not a dodgy Gumtree scam" and today's date on a piece of paper, and then take a photo of it next to the bike.

Last time I bought a bike on here I went to collect it and woke up 3 days later in a bathtub full of ice cubes with one of my kidneys missing, so as you can imagine I am somewhat cautious these days!

Cheers,

Lee
    You still on about that kidney?

If you really feel you need two you can have the blasted thing back. I can get another.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I was gonna phone him but then realised he was in Walsall... So i'd have no idea what he was saying. :roll:
  • CitizenLee
    cooldad wrote:
    CitizenLee wrote:
    I just messaged him...
    Hi mate,

Cheers,

Lee
    You still on about that kidney?

If you really feel you need two you can have the blasted thing back. I can get another.

You can keep it if you have lung going spare? Pretty much blackened my current two and still have another 30-40 odd years to go on them.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • The Rookie
    Ad' now pulled, may have had something to do with my reporting it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    The Rookie wrote:
    So did I.
    I also emailed him asking to buy it, and got a warning from Gumtree that the ad looks dicey and they are monitoring it. Obviously they did.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • CitizenLee
    Ah well, at least my internal organs will remain intact.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • The Rookie
    Apart from the alcohol poisoning you mean?
  • CitizenLee
    The Rookie wrote:
    Apart from the alcohol poisoning you mean?

Haha, no mate it will all be smoking related ;)

I don't mind the occasional Morgan's and lemonade or Jack and coke, but actually being drunk lost its appeal by the time I was old enough to legally do it. I've only been tipsy once this year and can't even remember the last hangover I had.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • The Rookie wrote:

What do Snitches get...?

Stitches. :shock:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    The Rookie wrote:

What do Snitches get...?

Stitches. :shock:

Says the policeman :lol: