This makes me Quite Angry

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited November 2014 in MTB general
10686869_1499847313626871_3490690238064838974_n_zps09c85120.jpg

Up at Nant Yr Arian riding round and came across this pile of crap, why would you go some where because you think it's so lovely, camp by a lake have a great weekend then leave all your s**t behind, it weighs nothing when empty, stick it in the boot and away you go.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    See it all the time unfortunately, though that looks an extreme example, as you say, if you can bring it full, you can take it home empty.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    iwilldoit wrote:
    10686869_1499847313626871_3490690238064838974_n_zps09c85120.jpg

Up at Nant Yr Arian riding round and came across this pile of crap, why would you go some where because you think it's so lovely, camp by a lake have a great weekend then leave all your s**t behind, it weighs nothing when empty, stick it in the boot and away you go.

Being part of the riding scene around Nant it sucks to see this. I dare say this could have been some twatty "students" they've started letting in the last year or so. It's gone down hill a long since I was there and judging by what Ive seen on Facebook groups for the uni it looks like they're letting any tool go out on bikes. Surprised some of them have the capability to breathe or wipe their own arse to be honest, let alone have the intelligence to study for a degree. I blame wiggle.
  • The Rookie
    My Daughter went to Aber, but I can assure you she was bought up properly, she not only rides MTB but horses as well and does Kayaking....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Morons go on holidays, too.

It is surprising that someone of this mentality would want to go to a place like this. You'd imagine people like this would be much happier sitting on their sofas with their Xboxes, mobile phones, pizzas and social networking.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Scum is scum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The Rookie wrote:
    My Daughter went to Aber, but I can assure you she was bought up properly, she not only rides MTB but horses as well and does Kayaking....

Don't get me wrong you get many decent folk going to Aber, but when the uni goes down the path it has been going down the last few years, letting in students with as little as 2 E's at a level and not even coming close to the recommended entry requirements it wouldn't surprise me if some of the new students are responsible.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You see it everywhere - Whistler is a particularly lovely spot in general and yet the amount of litter dropped around here is ridiculous. Half of the people who come to season here for the winter are just party kids from Europe and Australia and after a skin full their cans, pizza remains are strewn across the floor at every bus stop. That's despite bear awareness posters everywhere.

Pisses me off, especially when there is a bin right next to where they drop the litter.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    A club have put photos on of a tree at Gisburn with mote than 40 inner tubes thrown in it. They removed all but three (and not through lack of trying).

I once unintentionally left a tube at Cragg Quarry when I fixed a puncture as it went dark. I was livid and went back to look for it a week later but someone had taken it. Actively leaving litter is so stupid.
  • The Jump Gulley at Swinley can get like that despite a bin being left there.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Angus Young
    mcnultycop wrote:
    A club have put photos on of a tree at Gisburn with mote than 40 inner tubes thrown in it. They removed all but three (and not through lack of trying).

I once unintentionally left a tube at Cragg Quarry when I fixed a puncture as it went dark. I was livid and went back to look for it a week later but someone had taken it. Actively leaving litter is so stupid.

The most bizarre example of this is when a dog owner will scoop after their dog and then leave the bag containing the poop hanging from a tree branch. I wonder what version of logic is going on inside that person's mind. I've seen this on a number of occasions.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    They make it look like they are going back for the poo on the way back, but then obviously don't.
  • cooldad
    The Jump Gulley at Swinley can get like that despite a bin being left there.
    And on Babymaker. When I brought it up on SFMB I was called an ageist (slightly nastier but that was the general gist)
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    mcnultycop wrote:

The most bizarre example of this is when a dog owner will scoop after their dog and then leave the bag containing the poop hanging from a tree branch. I wonder what version of logic is going on inside that person's mind. I've seen this on a number of occasions.

Dog owners in my apartment building do this - let their dogs out to crap, scoop it in a bag then leave the bag outside the apartment building in a flower bed. WTF is that about?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    But CD, you are an old fart........

What we get here is nothing like the mess I get to see almost every ride in India.....everything is relative!
  • That's a new one on me. Never seen this much mess up there before.
  • JayKay3000 wrote:
    That's a new one on me. Never seen this much mess up there before.

If you follow the Sydyfrin trail as you get to the end of Llyn Sydyfrin it's over the far side of the lake, if I had a car I would go and load it up my self.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    This annoys me a lot. I've had to call a few people out on littering whilst riding recently, and the strangest part was that they didn't even realise what they had done wrong. The mind boggles.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Angus Young
    'Kin slobs! But they'd probably take offence if you called them that.
  • BLW
    BLW Posts: 96
    Urrrgh, drain to society people like that.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    'Kin slobs! But they'd probably take offence if you called them that.

Waynetaaaar!

I'm a slob myself but wouldn't dream of leaving rubbish anywhere.

A guy from Canada once told me he was shocked when he saw crisp packets and stuff just blowing down the road here. These people ain't "getting back to nature" anytime soon. :roll: To get back to nature is to get back to yourself. These wretches must think "I can't enjoy nature so no one else will either".

What you wanna be doing is riding a bike up a mountain and "becoming" the mountain. :mrgreen:

Why do these slobs even go to these places though, if they cannot appreciate it? What makes them go there? Why don't they go where they belong (Blackpool).
  • cooldad
    Excuse the stereotyping, but a lot of kids just don't think.

I used to be a 'responsible adult' with my son's school MTB club. Halfway round the teacher would dish out sweets (I was always at the front of the queue (bulk has it's merits). Half the kids would just drop the wrappers. Quite expensive school, in leafy Surrey, so not your common and garden scum

Once.

After a seriously grumpy lecture from me on why this was not a good thing, (complete with threats to kill them if they did it again), most learnt quickly.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:

I used to be a 'responsible adult' with my son's school MTB club. Halfway round the teacher would dish out sweets (I was always at the front of the queue (bulk has it's merits). Half the kids would just drop the wrappers. Quite expensive school, in leafy Surrey, so not your common and garden scum

Once.

After a seriously grumpy lecture from me on why this was not a good thing, (complete with threats to kill them if they did it again), most learnt quickly.
    Not doing those Saturday rides any more?
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • cooldad
    Nope he's at university now, and I moved. Pity as it got me out of bed and moving.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    cooldad wrote:

Once.

Slobs come from all backgrounds, some of them even go to 'posh' schools.

Main problem is the parents not teaching manners. And, ultimately, it's about manners. What they're doing is solving their problem simply by making it someone else's problem. Can't be bothered, never mind, someone else can clean up for me.
  • cooldad
    Hence the death threats. Got their attention. Then a short lecture.

Must have worked because it rarely happened again, and I never had to actually kill anyone. In fact regulars would generally tell new kids to pick stuff up. My heart cockles were suitably warmed.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    edited November 2014
    It happens everywhere and is an indictment of our so-called civilised society.

2 examples, both regular occurrences:

I commute each day for 50 mins on a train from the Southend area.

The amount of rubbish I see, from lazily dropped newspapers, to wrappers, coffee cups, then occasionally spit and vomit (on seats as well as floors) is quite incredible - not to mention the number of people (including some well-dressed city workers) putting the soles of their shoes all over the seats is amazing.

I've had a (calm and quiet) word with a few people over the years but have all but given up. I've been verbally abused and threatened on a few occasions and not one single fellow commuter has backed me up. Now, I just move seats to avoid my blood pressure going up.

Good value for £3600 a year....

The other is where some bright spark decides to hoik a carrier full of rubbish from their car window, usually in a road around the corner from my house. Bad enough, but consider that this is right outside some peoples houses - they ignore it for days - even walk past/around it to get to their cars.

More than once I've re-bagged the garbage and put it in a neighbours bin.

I live near woods popular with dog walkers and they often leave p00p on the paths or contribute to the poop-bag trees, some even allow fido to curl one out on the verge outside my house and leave it there for me to run the mower over - which was nice....

Just can't get my head around peoples utter lack of consideration for anyone else.

/rant
  • cooldad
    One of the trails in SH is called Flytipper because it ends near one. Sad.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mcnultycop wrote:

Don't get me started on that. Iturned round from talking to some walk buddies only to turn splat into a turd bag hanging from a tree on footpath between two dry stone walls. Well would have if my instincts hadn't told me to duck without seeing why. The path was too narrow to avoid it other than ducking under it. It had been up for some time as the bag was deteriorating with the UV affect on the plastic.

I am still never going to understand dog owners like that when there are so many responsible dog owners out there.

Back to the OP, looks like a cheapo tent with fibreglass poles on the left. When I was a student in some outdoors club none of the group would be seen up in the hills using a tent like that as too heavy, cheap and nasty. I personally think it is just one of those groups that hang out around a fire drinking cans. I think the Scots around Ben Lomond area call them Neds. There are a lot of areas in Scotland that have problem with drunken louts trashing places.
  • ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    There was pikeys up there last time I did the big loop. Caravans, horses, a flash landrover a kids fucking about on MX bikes.

Shoot them imo
  • I have seen the transit vans around there, they most probably go there because they think it's such a nice place, so why the f**k leave there s**t behind and make the place a eye saw, if their pikey's it wouldn't even be worth while trying to point out the error of there ways :shock:

Might be the same lot who were over the Dyfi, killing sheep and bbq them up, they seemed to of been run out of there :D