Managed 82.08 MPH tonight chaps! (China bike computer)

Manc33
Manc33 Posts: 2,157
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
More tales of China woe lol. :lol:

5cTmmZ5.jpg

Yet my average speed was 11.4 MPH...

y8XSOXS.jpg

£6. :lol:

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Try using Garmin Connect.

I have nearly 100 rides during which my maximum speed exceeds 100 mph.
    My fastest ever speed is 4,013.9 mph!

Edit:- Please allow me to add in an even more perplexing result.
    During one ride, my maximum speed was 27.8 mph but my average speed was 6026.1 mph!

Work that one out, if you can. And try and beat that!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Have you ever considered all your woes are related to you buying cheap tat off eBay?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Electrical interference causes some stranger results. I was stopped on an induction loop at a set of traffic signals and the cheap but otherwise reliable computer I was using registered 70 odd mph.
  • If only you had a Flux Capacitor* fitted to your bike at the time...

*a real one, not a fake Chinese one.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Pross wrote:
    Electrical interference causes some stranger results. I was stopped on an induction loop at a set of traffic signals and the cheap but otherwise reliable computer I was using registered 70 odd mph.

Security barriers at some shops do the same, once clocked 43.6 mph outside Virgin store in Brizzle waiting for a friend. Not all traffic lights spiked my Lidl/Aldi computer, once I knew which ones did I avoided them.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    Manc33 wrote:

5cTmmZ5.jpg

y8XSOXS.jpg

That's nothing, i was doing 99 MPH once, and I was standing still at traffic lights :lol:
  • Manc33
    PBlakeney wrote:

During one ride, my maximum speed was 27.8 mph but my average speed was 6026.1 mph!

People must be wondering what I am laughing at downstairs.

I was going to say "as long as the average speed is about right" but obviously it too can be affected... dramatically. :lol:

I was going to just save up for a Cateye one for about £30, or go back to wired again. China sells some "nice" wired ones for about £10. :roll: I know pylons can affect wireless ones.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Manc33 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

People must be wondering what I am laughing at downstairs.

I was going to say "as long as the average speed is about right" but obviously it too can be affected... dramatically. :lol:

I was going to just save up for a Cateye one for about £30, or go back to wired again. China sells some "nice" wired ones for about £10. :roll: I know pylons can affect wireless ones.

For reference, I was using a Garmin 705.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't reaching these sorts of speeds when my Garmin HRM was telling me I could easily get my heartbeat up to 249 bpm...
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    My Garmin gave me a top speed of over 60mph on a ride once, granted it was major downhill but 80 to me is quite possible to achieve given the right route.
    Living MY dream.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Manc33 wrote:

5cTmmZ5.jpg

y8XSOXS.jpg

Bet I know what happened.
    You found some really cheap magnets on Aliexpress so you fitted several to the spokes instead of just the one..... Start of your ride you got really high speed readings but then most of the magnets fell off and you ended up with a pretty low average speed.......I'm right admit it!
  • Manc33
    That is half true, the magnet that came with the £6 China kit was absolute rubbish, I doubt it could be tightened enough to both hold the magnet in place and not strip the thread at the same time. At least the screw is metal. :roll:

So I swapped it for the better one off my Decathlon computer (all metal).

I picked up the China bike computer this morning and it thought I was on the bike (the little progress arrow thing was pointing). I was somehow going faster or slower than the average speed, slower I think, the arrow was on the left. I must have been biking in my dreams. It wouldn't be the first time.
  • 2.4GHz range, bluetooth devices will trip cheap / older wireless comps up. I've got some photos of my old Halfords one doing 78mph on my office desk
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Am I the only person that has never had a Garmin tell me that I am capable of superhuman speeds? :(
  • Am I the only person that has never had a Garmin tell me that I am capable of superhuman speeds? :(

Nope I managed 145 mph. I has doing around 50 my magnet somehow managed to smack the gsc 10 and sent It mad.
  • Manc33
    Out of the 5 times I have been out with this computer now, 3 times its had an erratic max speed and 2 times it hasn't. Average speed seems to always be accurate. Yes I literally only average about 11/12 MPH on a sub 20lb road bike. :roll: I blame the wind and the fact that on half my rides I am trying something else out. I must have had six saddles on and off in as many months.