google fit

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    It now integrates with strava just in time for the app to stop working for bike activities, super

Does it link to an app to monitor your beer intake?

No but its a nice idea
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • has anybody linked this to Strava? Do I need to be a premium member?
  • Mine is linked to Strava
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    yep linked mine and i'm not premium,. i have noticed its one way sync only strava to fit which is a shame.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • On desktop (Firefox) under Settings I can only see "Social Connections" and it is not an option

how do I this?
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    On desktop (Firefox) under Settings I can only see "Social Connections" and it is not an option

how do I this?

In the app on Android it is top right menu, "Settings"… "Link other services"… tick "Google Fit".

Can't see a way to do it on desktop.
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    So google want to harvest your Strava data also? Who knew?

What's the advantage of letting them have all that data then?

I could kinda see the point going the other way, if you somehow forget/lose your garmin data.
  • Seajays wrote:
    On desktop (Firefox) under Settings I can only see "Social Connections" and it is not an option

how do I this?

In the app on Android it is top right menu, "Settings"… "Link other services"… tick "Google Fit".

Whilst a bit of a luddite I really can not see a top right menu and think I recently updated it. Does anybody else see it on an S3 mini?
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    Seajays wrote:

how do I this?

Whilst a bit of a luddite I really can not see a top right menu and think I recently updated it. Does anybody else see it on an S3 mini?

It's the three little dots to bring the settings menu - perhaps it is in a different place on smaller screen? It may be at the bottom somewhere.
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • Seajays wrote:
    Seajays wrote:

how do I this?

It's the three little dots to bring the settings menu - perhaps it is in a different place on smaller screen? It may be at the bottom somewhere.

definitely not 3 dots at the top and the page stretches down indefinitely as it has my activities :D
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    On a galaxy mini:
    From strava activities page, press soft menu key on bottom left of phone, to left of main home button. Select Settings. Under Account, select Link Other Services. Select Google Fit.
  • lol - was the only button I had not pressed - many thanks
  • I'm not sure it really works, half the time it fails to record my movement also it very dubious about how it calculates steps taken. Today I've only managed 15 minutes of walk according to Google Fit, although I have completed over 4000 steps....
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015