This place gets worse and worse

navrig2
navrig2 Posts: 1,833
Not sure why I or anyone hangs around.

I've posted a few things this morning. Came back to the website forums and noticed that I wasn't logged in (I have clicked Keep me logged in) so I clicked on Log-In.

I am then taken to the front of the website (as usual) but am faced with a message that I am already logged in.

Went back to the forum.

Still logged out!!

Went back to fron page - still logged in so I logged out then logged in again.

For goodness sake please get enough developers in to sort out the mess that is Bike Radar and stop all this cr4p.

This forum has more problems that all the other forums I frequent put together.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    at the moment data is/has been moved over servers but not seen any issues here.

maybe it is all these other sites you visit that are causing your issues.

was logged in here last week and still am this week.

still logged in on my iProducts and also my PC that I rarely use.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • navrig2
    nicklouse wrote:

Cracker of a response............

I was logged on to BR with all my devices without issue until late last week when ALL of them (phone, work PC, home PC, tablet) suddenly showed that I was logged out.

Given the pi55 poor performance of the BR radar website over the last few months I know where I suspect the issues lie.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Navrig2 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Cracker of a response............

I'd say that's a pretty daft assumption too, I quite often find that my account is logged out despite always ticking the box to keep logged in :?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Happens to me too. Every time I want to post a reply or go into Bottom Bracket I have to log out and then log back in again. The time I waste doing that is time I could spend finding a cure for cancer.
  • nicklouse
    And you are using?

Operating system and browser?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Windows hate.1 with Torch browser.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I only had problems once when it changed over and not after. Its staying logged in all the time.

Chrome/Windows 7
  • arran77
    nicklouse wrote:
    And you are using?

Operating system and browser?

Yeah both of those I think :lol:

I don't know, I'm no techie otherwise I'd come down to Bike Radar Towers and sort the sodding thing out myself :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • navrig2
    johnfinch wrote:
    Windows hate.1 with Torch browser.

Windows 8 plus chrome (home PC)

Windows 7 and IE 9 (work PC)

Android Jelly Bean & chrome (Tablet)

Android Kit Kat & chrome (phone)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Count yourself lucky - I still can't log in at work at all. Been like this for weeks. The 'new beta' thread really ought to be renamed 'old beta' now - it's been that long that if the beta was cheese it wouldn't be safe from 100 paces.

I do hope something is happening........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    And is now happening on iOS 8 safari, I had to log out and log back in to post this, not really sure why I bothered considering the standard of helpful responses from the 'team' but at least it wasn't between 2 minutes past the hour and 5 minutes past or I would have had to wait to post this...now need to check the wind direction to see if I can stay logged in at my next visit, don't hold your breath :roll:

I just turned my lights off and back on again this seams to have cured th
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • louse
    louse Posts: 80
    Just logged in fine iOS 8.1 and Safari .
  • nicklouse
    team47b wrote:
    And is now happening on iOS 8 safari, I had to log out and log back in to post this, not really sure why I bothered considering the standard of helpful responses from the 'team' but at least it wasn't between 2 minutes past the hour and 5 minutes past or I would have had to wait to post this...now need to check the wind direction to see if I can stay logged in at my next visit, don't hold your breath :roll:

iOS 8.1 and Safari here and no issues.

Been logged in since 17 Oct!
  • navrig2
    nicklouse wrote:
    team47b wrote:

That makes it all OK then and the rest of us liars?
  • team47b
    nicklouse wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I have just had to log out and back in again to read your comment :roll:

Ok you don't have a problem, we've established that, but others do, I am simply reporting the issue, please pass this on to someone who can do something, BTW if I want sarcastic responses to my posts I will post on bottom bracket!
  • arran77
    nicklouse wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I'm alright jack :P

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Yes it does somewhat obviate discourse :roll:
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Same 4 me also firefix browser windows 7.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I get stuck trying to use the Forum on Firefox Win7... told I must log in, but the log in screen says I am logged in. Works fine in Chrome Win7 and both Safari and Chrome on my iPad
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • nicklouse
    Have you cleared your cookies as there have been a whole pile of login changes recently.
  • bartimaeus
    nicklouse wrote:
    Have you cleared your cookies as there have been a whole pile of login changes recently.
    ... and it really was as simple as that, ta
  • skylark
    skylark Posts: 445
    Websites uses Cookies to store information on your PC. It's primarily a way of tracking your activity on the website, to store preferences information, log-in details (ID, not password) and so forth. When the website software changes the information in those Cookies becomes redundant as the software is expecting to read information from those Cookies at different locations. It is why you have to have clear your Cookies information and start over again.

The reason they are called Cookies is not biscuits and a cup of tea after a hard day's ride. The analogy is similar though. The website will give you an imaginary Cookie (as in goodie) if you allow it to store some info on your PC for repeated use. It's generally an invasive ploy to keep tab on who's reading the website really.
  • bartimaeus
    I'm reasonably familiar with cookies: I've just not used many sites that require me to keep clearing them. Last night's 'clear cookies' about 12 hours before I had to do it again and it's only Firefox that seems to give me this issue which seems odd, but now Nick has reminded me what to do I'm fine, thanks.

To be honest at most this is 'mildly annoying', and not enough to spoil my enjoyment of the Forum.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    Skylark - The cookie in question is used to validate your session, so that when you browse the website it keeps you logged in. This is the standard way across most websites which have a login option.

Bartimaeus - Yeah, sorry about that. We're working on a way to get it fixed so that you don't have the annoyance of having to keep logging in. We're a fresh development team working on the Bike Radar website, so we're having to put together all the pieces of what is/isn't broken so that we can get the most important things fixed first and then move on to the other smaller fixes.