Going to the WW1 Battlefields

FishFish
FishFish Posts: 2,152
edited November 2014 in The hub
I remembere the PM saying that there would be one child from every school in England going to the battlefields this year. No-one went from my son's school - any other outcomes with you?
...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There are better places to send kids than battlefields.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    cooldad wrote:
    There are better places to send kids than battlefields.

Yes but we are not celebrating 100 years since the opening of the red light district in Amsterdam - and a visit from a pupil from every school is unlikely to be supported by the Government. ..Not ours - maybe the Dutch one.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I went with school as a kid, but thats going back a while. All I remember about it is the legal drinking age was 14... and I was 15. I remember the last day going to a theme park - anyone caught drinking was banned from going to the park - but the stupid teachers made it so half the people that weren't drinking didn't get to go to the theme park and half the ones that were drinking the night before did get to go! They didn't care who went and who didn't, just as long as "some people" didn't go. :roll:

Sounds like a rant from someone that drank and didn't get to go to the park, nah I went (and drank).

This was before I discovered that WW1 was funded by the Warburg brothers.

Wow, the questions I would be asking my history teacher if I knew then what I know now. :shock: Sir, why isn't this in the curriculum? Sir, this family is the wealthiest in history and the curriculum never mentions them, Sir... it would be endless.