Specialized Roubaix Sport 2015

Jahmoo
Jahmoo Posts: 168
edited January 2015 in Your road bikes
So after 3/4 months of problems with my Sora Gearing on my 2014 Roubaix Disc, my LBS got fed up of me dropping the bike back for them to sort out.

I was finally offered my money back, like for like Roubaix Disc or for an extra few pennies a Brand New 2015 Roubaix Sport in Green.

I upgraded Axis Callipers to 105's will sort pads out soon enough, but Photo of bike after it's maiden Voyage :mrgreen:

imagejpg3-2.jpg

Comments

• samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    Yellow seems to be in this year.

What do you think of the seatpost?
  • I'm sorry, but that bar / stem setup really offends my eyes. Maybe a frame with different geo would be better, although saying that, the Roubaix does already have a sloping top tube. Hmm.
  • I love bikes with handlebars higher than the saddle, yellow is definitely a top bike colour.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Jahmoo
    JSpencer1 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but that bar / stem setup really offends my eyes. Maybe a frame with different geo would be better, although saying that, the Roubaix does already have a sloping top tube. Hmm.

The Roubaix is a comfy bike and I have made it a wee bit more comfy. Why are you sorry, we are all different and I'm a 100kg plus rider with a Prolapse Disc and this is the set up I need to enjoy cycling. I have owned racers, Trek 2400, Spec Allez. In fact my last bike was a Trek FX, yes a Hybrid, this set up works for me.
  • Jahmoo
    I'm loving the bike, I am enjoying the roads again and love getting out on it, 14-30ml rides at the moment, hope to go further soon enough, but mostly will enjoy myself.

Love the Green/Yellow and so many gears :)
  • Jahmoo
    samsbike wrote:
    Yellow seems to be in this year.

What do you think of the seatpost?

Strange to look at, but comfy.
  • Wow highest bars i think I have ever seen. :shock:
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Jahmoo wrote:
    JSpencer1 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but that bar / stem setup really offends my eyes. Maybe a frame with different geo would be better, although saying that, the Roubaix does already have a sloping top tube. Hmm.

The Roubaix is a comfy bike and I have made it a wee bit more comfy. Why are you sorry, we are all different and I'm a 100kg plus rider with a Prolapse Disc and this is the set up I need to enjoy cycling. I have owned racers, Trek 2400, Spec Allez. In fact my last bike was a Trek FX, yes a Hybrid, this set up works for me.

Even'in all you have just been collared by the cycling police ;)

Nice looking bike just get it dirty doing some miles :)
  • samsbike
    I have my bars high as well. To be honest I cant understand some of the bar saddle drops people run, but then I am old.

Quite a few audaxers run high bars but I am not surw if its age/ comfort or both.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It does remind me a bit of a praying mantis. But if that's the setup you need to cycle in comfort, so be it. Better than being stuck at home on the sofa.

My saddle to bar drops are fairly modest; I buggered a disc years ago and never regained the flexibility I'd enjoyed before. At 57 I'm old enough not to give a toss about what the cycling fashion police might have to say :D
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    samsbike wrote:
    I have my bars high as well. To be honest I cant understand some of the bar saddle drops people run, but then I am old.

Quite a few audaxers run high bars but I am not surw if its age/ comfort or both.

Poor flexibility is very much a result of the increased numbers in desk bound working environment over the past 50 years.
    You can overcome this even in latter life but it requires substantial committment... it is easier to make the bike resemble a sofa.
  • samsbike
    JGSI wrote:
    samsbike wrote:

Poor flexibility is very much a result of the increased numbers in desk bound working environment over the past 50 years.
    You can overcome this even in latter life but it requires substantial committment... it is easier to make the bike resemble a sofa.

Yep and more expensive given the number of crazy stems I have used!
  • Prolapsed discs are not fun at all. If that's the setup you need to ride so be it.

Did you not consider a Diverge?
  • Jahmoo
    I needed to try the bike I was going to buy, as was not going to waste my pennies. Think when I was looking initially, back in June, Diverge was not an option.

No hassles with the Cycling Police, snobbery has many forms :D
  • Lambda
    Lambda Posts: 12
    Don't listen to useless comments, you don't need a 10+cm drop to enjoy riding your bike :)
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    T'is a nice bike, and one I'm tempted with too.

As a fellow Prolapsed disc sufferer, your Bike setup is precisely that, YOUR Bike setup.

Who needs to be hunched over like a cripple over the bars all the time, I like to see the scenery as I ride too !