Finding Time.......????

2»

Comments

• I don't like the insinuation from Johnny Trousers that somehow because I have a young family and ride my back that I don't want to spend time with my son.

I work hard in the week and treasure the time I get to spend with my son at weekends and after work which is why I get up at 5 in the week to go on the turbo and then head out early on a Saturday morning for a few hours.

If you want to do something you make sacrifices. I sacrifice sleep rather then time with my wife and son.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Yes.

Just because your life is all consumed busy Johnny Trousers doesn't mean we all are. I work 9-5 not all the time. Granted I don't have children yet but if you value cycling then you'll make time for it...be it getting up early, turbo after the kids go to bed or whatever. I know a freelance guy who has just had a baby and is still a super strong 1st cat. If you suggested he does it at expense of ignoring his daughter you would rightly get a hose down.

Besides the lack of sleep I imagine it's not that hard to get an hour in on the Turbo in the week days while your wife looks after the kids/baby and then a couple of hours Sat and long ride super early Sunday morning...back by 10/11am ready to spend the rest of the day with the family and look after the baby so your wife can indulge her hobby's.
  • Don't misunderstand. My point is that I'm impressed and astonished that anyone manages it. I certainly wasn't suggesting that anyone with a young family who cycles is a bad parent - or that wasn'ty my intent, at least. Apologies if it came across that way.
  • DavidJB wrote:
    Yes.

Just because your life is all consumed busy Johnny Trousers doesn't mean we all are. I work 9-5 not all the time. Granted I don't have children yet but if you value cycling then you'll make time for it...be it getting up early, turbo after the kids go to bed or whatever. I know a freelance guy who has just had a baby and is still a super strong 1st cat. If you suggested he does it at expense of ignoring his daughter you would rightly get a hose down.

Besides the lack of sleep I imagine it's not that hard to get an hour in on the Turbo in the week days while your wife looks after the kids/baby and then a couple of hours Sat and long ride super early Sunday morning...back by 10/11am ready to spend the rest of the day with the family and look after the baby so your wife can indulge her hobby's.

Why not leave the nanny to look after the kids then you and the missus can go out as often you like. If you hired the right butler, chauffeur and gardener you could build your own peoloton :D
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    DavidJB wrote:
    Yes.

Why not leave the nanny to look after the kids then you and the missus can go out as often you like. If you hired the right butler, chauffeur and gardener you could build your own peoloton :D

I spend my time cycling not forwarding my career so no money for a nanny :D

And I don't live in Surrey so can't have one ;)
  • DavidJB wrote:
    DavidJB wrote:
    Yes.

I spend my time cycling not forwarding my career so no money for a nanny :D

And I don't live in Surrey so can't have one ;)

in that case best to delay having kids until your sort out all the trust funds