AD6 15 Oh Dear, What have I done?

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited October 2014 in Commuting chat
Had a meet up with my fellow AD6er colleagues last night and somehow agreed to do the 2015 Alpe D'HuZes event. As it's my 50th year, I'm kinda hoping that the plans I have for that will clash :shock:

If I do it, I need a new angle on it to make it interesting to do because I know I can do it but I also know how much effort it will take to prepare for and do.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    If I do it, I need a new angle on it to make it interesting
    Unicycle up, brakeless down.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • If I do it, I need a new angle on it to make it interesting
    Everesting?
  • Blindfold, you must know it pretty well by now.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    The first time it was cute. Now you're just showing off. :wink:
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • meanredspider
    MrSweary wrote:

PMSL - I'm really not - inside I'm panicking a bit! :shock: :cry: :? :D
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    MrSweary wrote:

PMSL - I'm really not - inside I'm panicking a bit! :shock: :cry: :? :D

That's good. Shows you have not completely lost your marbles. Of course let me just say that I think you have completely lost your marbles. :D
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • meanredspider
    And I can't even blame drink - I'd only had a couple of blondes and a tripple (there's a joke in there somewhere :wink:) But I did wake up this morning, open one eye, and think "Did I really do that?" :shock:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.. this is you this is:

windowlicker.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • meanredspider
    Thanks, KB! :wink:

Just checked dates. AD6 is 4th June and Montreal GP is 5-7th June. That's one of the things I'm planning for my 50th so I may need to give AD6 a miss this time
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699

Just checked dates. AD6 is 4th June and Montreal GP is 5-7th June. That's one of the things I'm planning for my 50th so I may need to give AD6 a miss this time
    MTFU, you can sleep on the plane. Wimp :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • meanredspider
    dhope wrote:

MTFU, you can sleep on the plane. Wimp :D

I'd have considered it if cramp isn't such a risk. After the last one, I think I slept for about 4 hours and then we drove back to Amsterdam. I think I arrived back at my flat at 1am. Then I got up the following morning and headed to the airport to bring my bike back to Scotland. Relative to that, a night flight to Montreal would seem blissful.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Fixed? gearing for the up down and entire day could be err interesting (or go SS)
  • meanredspider
    Fixed would be ambitious!! SS would be fine - if you can put 32/32 on with a straight face :wink: The gradient is very consistent (apart from the short hairpins).
  • Fixed would be ambitious!! SS would be fine - if you can put 32/32 on with a straight face :wink: The gradient is very consistent (apart from the short hairpins).

you would seem to have a plan then? :wink:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Tricycle?

Tandem?

'bent?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Boris bike getting it back in London before the 24 hours is up.
    The added bonus is that you get to shove it the faces the guys who did Mont Ventoux challenge. Not sure why they need it shoved in their face but it sounds like a worthy reason to do it.
  • meanredspider
    Fixed would be ambitious!! SS would be fine - if you can put 32/32 on with a straight face :wink: The gradient is very consistent (apart from the short hairpins).

you would seem to have a plan then? :wink:

A custom AD6 bike: ultralight SS bike with hydro disc brakes and bullhorns
  • meanredspider
    Boris bike getting it back in London before the 24 hours is up.
    The added bonus is that you get to shove it the faces the guys who did Mont Ventoux challenge. Not sure why they need it shoved in their face but it sounds like a worthy reason to do it.

Ha - would need a helicopter and private jet for the 24 hour thing!
  • meanredspider
    What I would need is a better drinks bottle. With all the hard disc braking into the 20+ hairpins a quarter of my drink had sloshed out of the bottle before is even started the climb. I even closed it once and it still seemed to leak (strange for a Camelback Podium)
  • What I would need is a better drinks bottle. With all the hard disc braking into the 20+ hairpins a quarter of my drink had sloshed out of the bottle before is even started the climb. I even closed it once and it still seemed to leak (strange for a Camelback Podium)

thats quite poor, my freebe alu one from Edinburgh CoOp doesn't and since i hate things on me I even though I had one of the first camelbacks I use Bottles for MTB's

no leakage even with serious G and jigglage.