The Spooky Halloween Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I hate Halloween, it's a stupid American inspired thing. Pah. I'm the Scrooge of Halloween.

Today, more soldering. I haven't got done everything I wanted to, there simply wasn't enough time, which has been frustrating. Hopefully today will be better.

Better get on with it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    I'm working from home today as we are going to the eldest rugrats musical and I don't want to miss the start like yesterday (helped out back stage)

If we get our timings right there is the chance of a sneaky pint :)

The problem is all this means no collecting sweat from local pedo's for the kids :( we never get any trick or treaters to our house as I think the dark path and steps at the front scare the little ferkers
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

how warm is it at the minute? went for a ride last night in shorts and t-shirt...it's the end of October! it was so foggy thought that we couldn't see more than 10ft in front of us though. we ended up turning our helmet lights off as it was making things worse!

today I have not much to do and then a sneaky road ride as the missus is taking our boy to a birthday party 5-7 :D

laters
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Halloween can feck right off as far as I'm concerned, kids begging for sweets or money which if they don't get they're allowed to vandalise your house :evil:

One of the roadies had a good idea for a pumpkin which I might use tonight if I can find a pumpkin at lunchtime......

KL6pLA.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Morning, I shall be locking the door and turning the lights off once the little one goes back to her mums, until then she can open the door to any trick or treaters. Before that got estate agents coming to value the house so I can get rid of the useless ones I'm currently using.

On a bike related note, I'm tempted to purchase a full face as my riding becomes more aggressive (last ride at work I was the only one not wearing one), especially as the 661 comp is currently less than £39 at CRC.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon gits

Any trick or treaters can feck right off, one of the good things about living in Cambridge is no fecker talks to any other fecker so should be safe!

Off to a quiz night tonight, my quizzing awesomness should see us firmly in last place.

Toodles freaks.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,462
    Evening Tards,

It was a good 20c outside today - flippin lovely but no chance of getting on the bike.

Off out to the pub shortly to avoid the trick-or-treating little twats :) OK, well wifey might have to deal with them but I won't care. Tomorrow is footy watching up at Stamford Bridge.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Evening all,
    I'm knackered. This day off malarkey is exhausting. Went up to see the poppies at the tower with the wife, kids and my Dad. We thought we'd get there earlyish so it wasn't too busy. It was rammed by the time we got there at about 10. Had a bit of a look, it is incredible. Then we went for a walk round St Katherine's Dock and had a coffee. Walked back past the Tower heading back towards Waterloo and it was doubly rammed. Apparently they shut Tower hill tube at one point. Walked back along the river in glorious sunshine. Stopped for lunch near Tate Modern, walked by the Oxo Tower without any hint of inuendo Then got a train back from Waterloo. Both of the kids are out at parties so the Mrs and I sat and had some food in relative peace, weren't bothered by any trick or treaters as we hadn't put a pumpkin out. I don't mind too much if they knock as a lot of the mums get kitted out and don't look too shabby. Every cloud and all that.
    Now waiting for the boy to get back before I can crash out. I wonder if he's been drinking.