Nearest Hospital to Bike Park Wales

bartiebat
bartiebat Posts: 97
edited October 2014 in Routes
Hi, where & how long does it take to get to the nearest hospital to BPW?

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Ha! Is this an 'in the field' post!? No idea, I'd be asking the visitor centre thingy.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    njee20 wrote:
    Ha! Is this an 'in the field' post!? No idea, I'd be asking the visitor centre thingy.

Haha, hope not... otherwise it might be better calling 999 than asking on here :D

Don't say I'm not good to you guys...

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction ... 1713254507
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah, prince Charles hospital is closest.

I hope this is a cover all bases in case of emergency post, not a I've got a broken arm and don't know where to go post :lol:
  • I've seen the helicopter there a few times (though never landed), so your best bet if injured is getting assistance from 999 / the admin staff in the centre. :)
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Psychotext wrote:
    I've seen the helicopter there a few times (though never landed), so your best bet if injured is getting assistance from 999 / the admin staff in the centre. :)

And at the time it happens. Think he'll be dead now
  • welshkev
    Psychotext wrote:
    I've seen the helicopter there a few times (though never landed), so your best bet if injured is getting assistance from 999 / the admin staff in the centre. :)

not neccesarily. what happens if the injury wasn't too serious and he could get himself off the hill and to the hospital - by himself or with assistance from his mates? why waste the time of the emergency services?

a friend of mine was up there a few weeks ago and a lad he was riding with took a big crash on the new A470 trail, knocked himself out, good few cuts and bruises. my mate drove him to the hospital (once he'd come around obviously) no need to call 999
  • You know, it sort of goes without saying that you don't call 999 unless it's serious. Surely I don't have to spell that out?

That aside, you should still report to the admin centre so they can get the details of the accident.
  • welshkev
    Psychotext wrote:
    so your best bet if injured is getting assistance from 999 / the admin staff in the centre. :)

um, well yeah you sort of do when you make sweeping comments like that.

but yeah I get what you mean. I still find it bewildering that you have to report accidents from an action sport to admin - I understand that it's cos of insurance etc, but I still think it's weird.
  • Apologies, would have assumed most people don't need it spelled out for them. Live and learn though.