Changing Suspenions on my Boardman mx sport 2014

chowff2005
chowff2005 Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi, guys, i am Brian, i just joined the form. i own a boardman mx sport 2014, on the way i ride to college, there is a very steep hill and it is very bumpy, with only the 63mm travel Suntour NEX-DS HLO Coil Fork, i do not feel like it help in anyway. so i wanted upgrade my fork, which fork should i be looking into and also can i upgrade my suspension on my my bike because i know not all the suspension fit in every single bike.
thank you

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Off road or on road? Suspension forks work to keep the wheel in contact with the ground off road, they don't really improve comfort.
    Hybrid forks are just crap and only fitted for marketing reasons. A rigid carbon fork is much better on road.
  • cheers my man, i was worry at one point because i can feel that me and my bike was slightly off the ground at one point -_- . i do off road and on road but i think mainly on road
  • rockmonkeysc
    Get yourself a nice carbon fork. It will loose half a tonne and improve the ride quality.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hybrid specific fork, the only options really are that fork or a rigid which will be lighter and may improve ride quality a bit. Neither bike or fork are designed for real off road use.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Alright guys any good brand you guy could recommend me low budget tho
  • rockmonkeysc
    Take a look at the carbon cycles website and planet x. Both have good value forks.