I remember when Rock was young...............

solosuperia
solosuperia Posts: 333
edited November 2014 in The cake stop
But I can't remember what I came upstairs for!......................

Comments

• Thanks, I'm a doctor and I claim my £55.
  • Only another 2,546 of us and you will be able to buy a ferrari!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    WTF...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    RideOnTime wrote:
    WTF...
    SoloSuperia has just publicly announced his acknowledgement of becoming an old codger.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    But I can't remember what I came upstairs for!......................
    start worrying if you live in a bungalow...

I was stressed and in a rush to go out yesterday, couldn't find my mobile, had to use the wife's to ring it to 'hear' where it was, was quiet surprised when something started to ring in my left hand.. had hold of it, amongst a few other items ..Doh
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    RideOnTime wrote:
    WTF...

Yeah I know, I thought you had the monopoly on spouting bolloxs :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ...me and Susie had so much fun...

What are the rules of this one?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I quite often forget what programme it is I'm watching during the ad breaks. :cry:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Watching telly one night, I decided I would like some cheese and biscuits to go with my beer. I returned from the fridge with my supper and then couldn't find the remote control for the tv. Searched everywhere, but eventually found it when I came to put the cheese away, it was in the fridge. :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Getting ready for a rainy ride I did put an overshoe on before realising I had no shoes on. They are a lot easier to get on without shoes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Why is it that every single time I leave the house, lock the door and walk away, then I remember that I nave forgotten to lift something?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    thanks folks,quite enjoyed these and you've made me feel better,that it's not just me that has misplaced the plot
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    I did find a bag of thawed out frozen peas in the washing machine once. :?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Deleted. Can't remember why
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It's not just us old ones...

Me and wife at our respective workplaces, get a call from eldest son who's been left in charge of the house and promised to walk the dog. Thought he'd pop out for a bike ride, slammed front door and realised he'd only got the garage key with him. With access to a ladder and various tools he apparently spent nearly an hour trying to get back in through downstairs cloakroom window by dismantling the hinges, but bottled it when he was at the point of plummeting head first into the toilet.

I left work early to rescue him, and was greeted by the sight of him emerging from the garage wearing a pair of blue disposable gloves on his feet like some giant lycra clad frog. Apparently you can't easily climb a ladder in cleated footwear, and he didn't want to get his socks dirty.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Drove across town today to get a refund on some goods I'd just bought, receipt all present and correct. Into the shop, very polite assistant, yes sir it's fine if you want to bring it back, excellent you've got the receipt.

Where are the goods themselves?

Bollox.

Exit shop and drive home, etc....

It's just a hill. Get over it.