Team videos

mm1
mm1 Posts: 1,063
edited October 2014 in Pro race
A big highlight of this season for me (perhaps because I have more time to watch them) has been the quality of some of the team videos. My favourites are Orica Green Edge's Backstage Pass, Wiggle-Honda, OPQS, MTN Qhubeka and on the domestic scene the Madison Genesis ToB videos. There's a lot of variation stylistically and in duration (MTN go for almost a TV documentary length). OGE say that the Backstage Pass is central to how the team engages with fans, which makes me wonder why others teams don't seem to pay anything like the same attention to the quality of their video output.

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Do any of the aforementioned compare to the immensely good 'Beyond the Peloton' series' by the Cervelo Test Team?
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    mm1 wrote:
    makes me wonder why others teams don't seem to pay anything like the same attention to the quality of their video output.

Because it costs a lot of money and most of them don't understand production processes or the benefits of doing it properly.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Some of the teams seem to make videos in lieu of winning races.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    RichN95 wrote:

Oh cheer up! :wink:

OGE's Giro backstage passes were a particular favourite as they tracked the team's journey from dominance to having only two knackered riders left in the race.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    RichN95 wrote:

As teams are a vehicle for advertising their sponsor, that seems fair enough. Sort of the social media equivalent of putting someone in that early break? Probably more cost effective than employing a team leader who falls off or turns out to have too much blood in his blood.