K-edge bracket for garmins

kingstonian
kingstonian Posts: 2,847
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Have just had one delivered, stupidly I didn't realise that my bars (Nitto) have a thinner diameter than the 31.8mm that the bracket is built for. Has anyone had a similar problem and can suggest how to best sort it out without it looking like a bodge job ?

Comments

• nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Either use existing shims from something else (light fixings etc.) or cut strips off an inner tube, how much of a bodge it looks depends on how neatly you cut them...
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Inner tube cut to size.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    what diameter are the Nitto bars?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • I have a similar problem with my SRAM garmin holder, and I use handlebar shims to make sure it's secure. You can get shims to go between the old 26mm diameter and the new 'oversize' ~31mm easily.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    What size are the bars? I've got a few shims from various lights in the garage, might have something that will do the job for you. I might have a spare for Exposure lights that goes from 31.8mm to 25.4mm and is good quality.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What size are the bars? I've got a few shims from various lights in the garage, might have something that will do the job for you. I might have a spare for Exposure lights that goes from 31.8mm to 25.4mm and is good quality.

Hey, that would be great. I will trawl online to find the diameter of the bars, I think the Exposure one could do the trick. Will happily buy you a pint for the trouble!!!