What's this thing?

SCR Pedro
SCR Pedro Posts: 912
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
I found it in the forest, miles from anywhere. What is it, really? It's made from concrete, but looks very sinister.

15468552650_5d7a024a5a_c.jpg
Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
Giant TCR Alliance Zero
BMC teammachineSLR03
The Departed
Giant SCR2
Canyon Roadlite
Specialized Allez
Some other junk...

Comments

• graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Have you tried stamping on it? :twisted:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    More worryingly, why were you digging in a forest, miles from anywhere??? What were you trying to bury? :wink:
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    The bottom of a signpost/lamppost, I reckon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    jimothy78 wrote:
    I think that's probably it.
    Once found an engine block buried on Wimbledon Common. A bit of cast iron was sticking up out of the path, poked around it with a stick and it was a Ford engine block. About 1/4 of a mile from the nearest road as the crow flies, more like 1/2 a mile walking. That's a long way to carry a heavy old lump of iron.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Veronese68 wrote:
    jimothy78 wrote:
    Once found an engine block buried on Wimbledon Common. A bit of cast iron was sticking up out of the path, poked around it with a stick and it was a Ford engine block. About 1/4 of a mile from the nearest road as the crow flies, more like 1/2 a mile walking. That's a long way to carry a heavy old lump of iron.

Yes it's not really a thing that the everyday folks leave behind.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    jimothy78 wrote:

Come on, don't be so boring :roll:

It's got to be a body encased in concrete :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    jimothy78 wrote:

Come on, don't be so boring :roll:

It's got to be a body encased in concrete :wink:
    Actually, if it was by an MTB trail you're probably right. I can tell the head is on backwards just from looking at the picture.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    My friend reckoned it was some kind of toxic or biochemical substance cased in concrete and dumped, but I think we can actually see the post sticking out of it.

The forests here are great. I love to disappear for a whole day, and get lost in them. What I do in there is the business of me and the people I kill, so don't ask too many questions, please.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Reminds me of walking the dog on Whitsands Beach at home after the Xmas Storms last year (I was on the ferry between Hoek van Holland and Harwich at the time...that was fun!) The beach had takend a pounding and a good 5 -10m thickness of sand had been eroded which had revealed all sorts of things that that had been buried for as long as i can remember.

Things like a long jetty into the sea and a couple of ship wrecks were all exposed again
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ddraver wrote:
    The beach had takend a pounding

I love pounding beaches
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Veronese68 wrote:
    jimothy78 wrote:

Yes it's not really a thing that the everyday folks leave behind.

I saw what you did there! :lol:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    ddraver wrote:
    The beach had takend a pounding

I love taking a pounding on the beach

FTFY :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn