Why is it only Wednesday!?

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

After a shoot evening, I had a shoot sleep and have been up for an hour already. Figured I may as well get going and walk to the station, as I now need to save every penny I can get!

Busy day at work again, then home, to part with £300 for a new alternator.

Humph.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hhmmmmm

As tired as the components on TKMs car today

Today is work followed by running around for rug rat ones show
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

weird day today as the guy I've worked with pretty much constantly with for the last year left yesterday. so now I'm in an office on my own....but only for 2 weeks and I leave too :mrgreen:

so I'm basically sorting out all my stuff before I go and trying to get as many free programmes as I can loaded onto a memory stick.

laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Mornin'
    Tired today, didn't sleep at all well last night and it's pub night tonight. That's not a great combination. Our local is shut for refurbishment so we are going to have to venture further afield. Might ride over to Wimbledon and go to the pub I used to haunt in my youth. Unfortunately it's a shadow of it's former self, all of the rich NIMBYs around it have clamped down on any noise issues.
    Until then, more tea.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Mornin'
    Tired today, didn't sleep at all well last night and it's pub night tonight. That's not a great combination. Our local is shut for refurbishment so we are going to have to venture further afield. Might ride over to Wimbledon and go to the pub I used to haunt in my youth. Unfortunately it's a shadow of it's former self, all of the rich NIMBYs around it have clamped down on any noise issues.
    Until then, more tea.

Do it. Go to the Sultan - I'll be there :-) and proper beer for £2.70 a pint from 6-9.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Mornin'
    Until then, more tea.

Do it. Go to the Sultan - I'll be there :-) and proper beer for £2.70 a pint from 6-9.
    That sounds like a better price, I'll try and convince the others. We were going to the Gland in Hand on the Common, my folks live Raynes Park way so I misspent my youth there, worked there for a good while as well. All a bit knobby now though.
    If you see an old Marin Nail Trail pub hack outside don't nick it.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning

Girlfriends given me a cold and a sore throat - what a c*nt. Got loads of uni work to do. Its the first assignment of this course and I'm already a bit late. Fuk sake. Some things will never change.

Bye
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Evenin'

Knackered as well - up at stupid o'clock for a video conference the the fekwits at the other end couldn't get to work. So I'm off home for something cold and alcoholic. In other news, booked another uplift at BPW for next month :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evenin'

kicked off the composite repair on the war goer today, i'm reluctant to do it as there is a good chance of failure! And to be honest i'd much rather be rigging up a sound system on my handlebars!

Anyhoo, left over curry in a fajita stylee is about to be noshed!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    Hmmm, the pub a whole 6 doors up the road would appear to be starting it's Halloween beer festival tonight. Well, it would be rude not to...

Eta: oops, had one or several. Beers worthy of note were something described as a German Pale Ale, very drinkable. Another one called Cowcatcher was too flowery for me. Black Sheep Golden Ale was nice, but a bit bland. Brightwater Brewery's Daisy Gold was very nice. Foundation from East London was good, if very brown. Giggle Dee Dum was more brown, too much so if you ask me. The one from Twickenham we had that I can't remember the name of was good.
    I may regret this in the morning. I think I'll ride in rather than drive.