Has MapMyRide changed?

crescent
crescent Posts: 1,201
edited October 2014 in Road general
I use MapMyRide to plan and download routes to my Garmin Edge 200. It's normally no bother:simply download the gpx file and transfer it across to my device using my Mac - I've been doing it for months now. However, this week I seem to be unable to download the gpx file from my MMR page. When it downloads it is in a different format (no .gpx extension) and seems to be unrecognisable to my Edge :? .
Can anyone offer any reasons or solution please?

Thanks
Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"

Comments

• It may be that your mac is "helping" you as it recognises the download as a file of type xml (which it is) and either adds the file extension xml to the file or removes the gpx extension. The result is that your garmin does not recognise the file.

Simple solution, rename the file with a gpx extension. You may need to change some of the file settings on your mac to do this.

Choose Finder > Preferences, and then click Advanced.
    Select or deselect “Show all filename extensions.”
  • crescent
    Thanks for the suggestion freezing77 but I'm afraid it didn't work. I am able to download gpx files from other mapping sites and they appear in finder with the gpx extension, it just seems to be MapMyRide for some reason - it is saving the gpx files as a "Unix Executable File". It's annoying because I have a number of routes saved in MMR and don't relish the prospect of transferring them all over to another site if I can avoid it.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • crescent
    Still not working for me I'm afraid, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Cheers