Building a sound system for my MTB.

rmissin
rmissin Posts: 57
edited November 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Ok, here's the plan.....

I have My Moto G in one of these....

LS0047%20-%20Fashion%20Satchel%20Handbag%20With%20Padlock%20Hardware-500x500.jpg

I plan to buy two of these......

1295505.large.jpg

And split the signal to true stereo via this....

WIT-922A.jpg

And mount them on my handle bars.

My only issue is mounting them to the handlebars.....Garmin mounts seem the best way to go but they are a ridiculous price....

2 of these would be ideal, but at around £25 a pop they cost more than both of the speakers.

Female-g-2-dildo-super-cool-rabbit-stick-double-motor-inverter-rol-font-b-roy-b.jpg

And I would need the Garmin locking mechanism to attach to the base of the speakers....this is the cheapest I could find.
Of course I could just use two of these for the speaker mounts but still a bit pricey compared to other basic handlebar mounts, and according to reviews are pretty useless at staying in place.

flipthemthebird.gif

I know most people here are a bunch of sad c*nts who spend all day on the internet posting crap in forums, blowing things out of context and entertaining each other with banal drivel, but if you could take the time to respond here it will give you the opportunity to build your post count and generally impress other small minded fuckwits like yourselves.

Thanks and have fun.... :D

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    1. Duct Tape

2. Why the f*** do you want speakers on your bike?

3. Ride anywhere near me with whatever passes for music in your mind and you'll find a stick through your spokes.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or just stick some buds in your lugs......

Stupidest idea of the week goes to..........missin.......also a front runner for idea of the month and year awards.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I've come across a few of these in Swinley. Usually on DH bikes "sessioning" the small uphill parts.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Those speakers I think can run in series anyway, so no need to split the jack. And they are a bit shite. If you really want music, stick a wireless speaker system in your bag and Bluetooth to it.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Come to my local woods with that playing and you will be eating it.
    Most people enjoy the peace and quiet out in the countryside. Keep your music to yourself, don't inflict it on everyone else.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Isn't one of the reasons for mountain biking to get away from all that sh!t. This is like one of those ideas from the '70s that we all laugh at now.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Remember these..... had one on my Budgie.

Oh the shame.

cycle-siren-horn.jpg
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    NotSureIfSerious.jpg
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • paul.skibum
    Isn't one of the reasons for mountain biking to get away from all that sh!t. This is like one of those ideas from the '70s that we all laugh at now.

Exactly, trying to drown out your tortured lungs on the climbs is a fools errand.

If its for rolling round the projects, pumping some fat beats to impress the ladies.....I don't think its going to cut it.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Frighteningly, I finally agree with every single poster in a thread.
    Except the OP, who is obviously 12 and suffering from severe mental issues.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    CitizenLee wrote:
    NotSureIfSerious.jpg

That!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    That splitter will do a terrible job of splitting the music.

And as above, unless you have a MTB park in your back garden or you're planning on using this for the British Heart Foundation London to Brighton ride don't do it. Its just disrespectful to other riders. You wouldn't do it on the train home.

Either invest in some running headphones; the ones that don't block out sound from around you so you can still hear.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • rmissin
    Whoa, seems I've touched a nerve here, what a bunch of assumptive pricks you are, with retarded responses like this I think it will be a waste of my time continuing, or explain why, where & when I intend to use it.

I so hope one day our paths cross and you keyboard warriors get the chance to try and carry out your idle threats.

Assholes.
  • Yeah, I thought you were either a troll or twelve. I'm going for twelve.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    rmissin wrote:
    Whoa, seems I've touched a nerve here, what a bunch of assumptive pricks you are, with retarded responses like this I think it will be a waste of my time continuing, or explain why, where & when I intend to use it.

I so hope one day our paths cross and you keyboard warriors get the chance to try and carry out your idle threats.

Assholes.

I very much look forward to that. Where do you ride?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    How was my response retarded? It was full of sound advice.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    rmissin wrote:

Assholes.

Aww bless :)

Maybe you should have explained yourself better in the first place then? Can't blame anyone for thinking it's a shite idea if you haven't gave all the info.

See you on the trails :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • The Rookie
    As with many posts on here, what we aren't told we have to assume, I assume you are a spoilt and opinionated 12 year old twit (polite version) now. This is the Mountain biking forums, so it was logical to assume this would go on an MTB and be used where most people would ride an MTB.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    How was my response retarded? It was full of sound advice.

tumblr_lqfmj2mFo81qf8qkso1_500.jpg
  • rmissin
    Guys, I'll happily leave you to your forum existence, I'm not going to waste my time with youtube-esque text battles, I've better things to do.

Maybe I did over react a little, ( like some others in this thread ) Rookie you've been a help to me here, so the explanation is...I love to ride solo around the hours of dawn, headphones are too restrictive/claustrophobic, I just wanted a bit of ambient chill in my ears when I'm on the top of a hill and the sun is rising, it's a great way to start the day, I find it easier to relax and recharge when I know there isn't a single soul within a 10 mile radius.

The speakers also double up as a hands free device, (for convenience rather than pose, I'm a freelance designer and receive phone-calls at pretty unsociable hours due to time differences ), and a horn after some cable/button modifications, there is of course volume control and the option to switch to and from headphones, useful when surrounded by anal, loud-mouthed over-technical mountainbike types who think they "own the woods" because they spent £3,000 on their bike and outfit, headphones are a must to block out the noise.
  • paul.skibum
    Sorry its still crap - you like being alone on a hill watching the sunrise but the majesty of nature is improved by a tinny little speaker pumping out some ambient house music in between work calls and beeping your horn?

Phone, blue tooth headset and leave natures soundtrack undisturbed. Please.

I was riding up hill the other day on my road bike and a couple in their 30's were walking down the hill. The woman had a phone playing music through its speakers. She called out to me that it was a lovely day......well it was before I saw them. Afterwards I was just left with a sense of aching despair for the human race as it sinks ever faster into a mire of aimlessly abused technology.

And I agree that splitter thing wont give you true stereo it will give you two stereo feeds to mono speakers which is not the same as having stereo. Its just twice as crap.
  • Sorry its still crap - you like being alone on a hill watching the sunrise but the majesty of nature is improved by a tinny little speaker pumping out some ambient house music in between work calls and beeping your horn?

Phone, blue tooth headset and leave natures soundtrack undisturbed. Please.

I was riding up hill the other day on my road bike and a couple in their 30's were walking down the hill. The woman had a phone playing music through its speakers. She called out to me that it was a lovely day......well it was before I saw them. Afterwards I was just left with a sense of aching despair for the human race as it sinks ever faster into a mire of aimlessly abused technology.

And I agree that splitter thing wont give you true stereo it will give you two stereo feeds to mono speakers which is not the same as having stereo. Its just twice as crap.

I would agree.

Your experience reminds me of the many dog walkers I come across; phone in one hand, cigarette in the other, dog shot all over the trail and a face like thunder when I crawl past at walking pace out of consideration for their dog.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What a c*nt
  • The Rookie
    Personally if I want ambience when riding I slow down and listen to the sounds of the countryside, trees creaking, birds calling, wind rustling leaves....
  • rmissin
    What a c*nt

Your mother's c*nt is uglier.

Splitter stereo to left / right mono does give you true stereo.

Unsubscribed, I'll leave you guys to your ignorant assumptions and post counts...unbelievable.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Mate, you can't split a mono signal into any sort of stereo, no matter what type of leads you plug in.
  • rmissin
    Qube wrote:
    Mate, you can't split a mono signal into any sort of stereo, no matter what type of leads you plug in.

You digress, this wasn't the question...but anyway...for clarification...

g6kLiD2.png

X-Mini's take a stereo input, therefore it can be split into two mono channels, tried tested and confirmed by many users.
  • rmissin
    Sorry its still crap - you like being alone on a hill watching the sunrise but the majesty of nature is improved by a tinny little speaker pumping out some ambient house music in between work calls and beeping your horn?

Yup, I stand there beeping my horn whilst taking phone calls...obviously.

Twice as crap....like your comments.