specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited November 2014 in Pro race
Yellow jerseys?

B0opvHzIIAAxpoU.jpg
B0ojCYcCIAADizC.jpg

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Just about enough black to get away with it?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    So are we just calling them Jumbo to distinguish them from the other Lotto?

And who's going to have a punt with those numbers on our lottery on Saturday? It's a sign.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    RichN95 wrote:
    And who's going to have a punt with those numbers on our lottery on Saturday? It's a sign.

As a former employee withing the gaming industry, I have met people who would threaten violence upon someone for so flagrantly putting a hex on things.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Yellow and Celeste................
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    hello Jumbo
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Strange no bianchi on screen, but there is fondriest!
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • inseine
    I was looking at the Bianchi on their jerseys.
    someone suggested that maybe the speed skaters were going to train on Fondriest (weird).
  • Lots of negativity around the net for this one, but I like it !

As long as they don't ride next to a De Rijke rider.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    inseine wrote:
    someone suggested that maybe the speed skaters were going to train on Fondriest (weird).

There's a Fondriest logo at the bottom of the screen for the presentation.
  • inseine
    Crampeur wrote:
    inseine wrote:

There's a Fondriest logo at the bottom of the screen for the presentation.

I know. I think we've covered this
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I like it, it reminds me of the ONCE kit
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Plugge confirmed that due to the predominately yellow colour of the team kit, LottoNL-Jumbo will wear a special Tour de France jersey to avoid any confusion with the race leader's maillot jaune.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Each rider could have a different lotto number on their jersey, and the order they finish would be that day's draw...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Remind me, is this a new team or a replacement for an existing team? I've lost the plot!
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Pross wrote:
    Remind me, is this a new team or a replacement for an existing team? I've lost the plot!
    Come on Pross, you should know the answer to that! :)

Out with the wireless routers, in with the lotto numbers!
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Pross
    Ah, right. I thought they were being sponsored by another company - must be getting confused with Giant. I hate this time of year, I've only just got used to last season's changes!
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    Ah, right. I thought they were being sponsored by another company - must be getting confused with Giant. I hate this time of year, I've only just got used to last season's changes!
    This year you get the disappearance of Cannondale, only for another Cannondale to pop up elsewhere.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Looks pretty budget.

IMG_20141023_155827.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    That's the skating team, no?
  • RichN95.
    The_Boy wrote:
    That's the skating team, no?
    Mostly. But there's some cyclists in there too.
  • The_Boy
    There are, but I was more addressing the 'budget' aspect. Reckon the plainness of the skating...erm..uniform (?) might be adding to the budget feel, perhaps?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Does that mean they'll do a pink kit for the tour like ONCE did? (Interestingly ALSO sponsored by a lottery company)

You must forgive me as I have had about 2 hours sleep, speed skating team?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Does that mean they'll do a pink kit for the tour like ONCE did? (Interestingly ALSO sponsored by a lottery company)

They sponsor a speed skating team as well as a cycling one. Long track speed skating is huge in The Netherlands, with sponsored teams and some serious money involved. It's very much a national sport, and I assume they've created the jointly sponsored team to recreate the Rabobank national team idea
  • B05JX9XCMAASVNn.png
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    FJS wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

They sponsor a speed skating team as well as a cycling one. Long track speed skating is huge in The Netherlands, with sponsored teams and some serious money involved. It's very much a national sport, and I assume they've created the jointly sponsored team to recreate the Rabobank national team idea
    Ah thanks, that makes much more sense now!
  • JoostG
    JoostG Posts: 189
    FJS wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

Yep, you can see it like that. Lotto (gambling game) is owned by the Dutch state. Part of the earnings flow to sports (eg Dutch Olympic Committee). It's going to be a combined team, and they're hoping that speed skaters and cyclists can benefit from each others knowledge and experiences. Most attention will go to the speed skaters. That's beside football the national sport. We earned last Olympics 8 golden, 7 silver and 8 bronze medals with speed skating :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,233
    Leuk zeg.
  • Pross
    Looks pretty budget.

IMG_20141023_155827.jpg

The guy on the right appears to be getting himself an eyeful!
  • UCI have told them they have to change the kit as it has too much yellow so is too similar to the various maillot jaunes for GC leaders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    UCI have told them they have to change the kit as it has too much yellow so is too similar to the various maillot jaunes for GC leaders.

Great, innit.

'Thanks for saving the Netherlands' biggest team, now change your corporate colours for us'

:roll:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.