Should i be worried?

Rich-hill
Rich-hill Posts: 75
edited November 2014 in Workshop
HI.

While cleaning my Scott Foil off earlier i noticed these marks. at first i thought it was dirt, but it wouldn't rub off.
On closer inspection, and by running my nails over it, i can feel it.

Are they both cracks? Or could it just be superficial marks in a lacquer?

9A0E4397-8722-4B4C-BC1F-CBA74FA3FD97_zps67urglaf.jpg

Comments

• Paint cracks
    left the forum March 2023
  • That's reassuring, better than a cracked frame
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    Have a look around the fork dropouts; you'll do a little poo, then accept that they really are just paint cracks...
  • Have a look around the fork dropouts; you'll do a little poo

:lol::lol::lol:
  • As much as I like Scott frames, their finishing still seems a little pants.

I replaced a CR1 years ago under warranty due to lacquer issues (upgraded to the then new Addict which was fine), and my Foil HMX isn't without flaws neither.

Even my poor-mans Parlee Z5 isn't without its (very slight), flaws...

If you're bothered, contact Scott. Chances are they will replace it. They replaced my CR1 for a lot less than your cosmetic annoyances.
  • neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240

I replaced a CR1 years ago under warranty due to lacquer issues (upgraded to the then new Addict which was fine), and my Foil HMX isn't without flaws neither.

The fork on my Foil HMX is pretty much a different color to the frame due to rubbish lacquer finish. Bugs me a little but I'm too lazy to swap it out. Only really notice it when it direct sunlight.

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD
  • Neal1984 wrote:

The fork on my Foil HMX is pretty much a different color to the frame due to rubbish lacquer finish. Bugs me a little but I'm too lazy to swap it out. Only really notice it when it direct sunlight.

I have wondered if all those amazing Westbrooks frame deals were slight seconds tbh....

Not saying they're not worth it though.
  • Nothing but paint cracks, got the same thing on my bike on the rear. Looks worrying when you first see it but ive seen cracked carbon and it doesn't look like that, it's a lot worse!