Sunny Saturday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning all!

Birthday breakfast in bed followed by doin' whatever the fark I like, all day, so much the same as every other day :D

Please feel free to consume lots of cake on my behalf!
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Happy burfday
  • Happy birthday Team74b, beautiful autumn sunny day here in Blighty.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Afternoon Wasters,

And happy birthday T47 - how many candles on the cake this year? :wink:

Lots done already including getting the Communter down to my LBS to get the new drivetrain fitted (minimal spannering ability here), will collect later and see how it feels. Currently listening to the football, going well so far - every small team I back seems to do OK :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Happy birthday. What a lovely 3 hours out in the peeing rain and 40mph winds this morning ......all adds up to character building I suppose :mrgreen:
  • team47b
    Thanks all for your birthday greetings :D

Couldn't light all the candles Stevo, it's already too hot here, so lit 19 and turned the cake upside down :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Happy birthday Mr 47, I did wonder what the glow was from the direction of Portugal :lol:

Usual Saturday family shenanigans for me plus a trip to see the bank manager :shock:

Now just chilling out, Ive got my first 10k running race tomorrow 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    @ Arran - banned for running.
    @ Stevio - banned for paying someone to sort your bike for you.
    @ Team47b - banned for your 'easy come, easy go' lifestyle and winding people up with it. (Happy Birthday btw).

Now keep the racket down boys.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    A bit late now but happy birthday.
    Rained here on and off and on a 2 1/2 hr ride was almost squashed once by a taxi and forced into the kerb by a very attractive young woman who would not look at me afterwards. A completely normal day in Manchester, but then they don't have to be attractive to blank me. :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Happy birthday Mr 47b, I trust you had a good one.
    Banning thread is further down, or up, Piña.
    Not a bad day today, got some stuff done then had a few beers. Maybe a little bit in the doghouse now for having more beer rather than going to the chippy. Oh well...
  • Stevo_666
    I listened at school so I wouldn't have to do manual labour :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I listened at school so I wouldn't have to do manual labour :P

Yeah but I had much more fun and you ended up as a dodgy southern office boy squarepants, whereas I went down this bumpy old road and...well, i'm still on this bumpy road but I can fix bikes and I can ride uphill which is just as well as I can't afford lifts up them.

Cont p94
  • team47b
    edited October 2014
    Been taking it easy today, well and the last ten years, ploughed my way thru some rather nice Douro red wine, sod the blood glucose what's the worst that can happen mixing red wine and insulin :shock:

Edit blood glucose just checked and is slightly lower than normal :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Happy birthday 47b

Despite sickly children great day at abersoch and fantastic timing meant a quick drive home = in the pub for seven :)
  • Stevo_666
    I can ride uphill which is just as well as I can't afford lifts up them.
    I can ride up hill actually - I just choose not to when on an 18kg DH bike :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Happy birthday, enjoyed too much wine I hope!

Long day, half rescuing two teenagers off a 7 pitch route at the top of pitch 1 climbing today. Felt like dropping them off the mountain face.

Poker and curry with some friends then left for a few drinks out in Chester with other friends,some horrible sights there, chav central, though one or two views worth lingering for.

Cycling over the mersey (well under then over) have to make sure no one steals my wheels.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Many happy returns.

Day to myself.
    Bit of light shopping, bite to eat whilst out, collected a few bits for the new bike.
    Tinkered with new bike.

Easy :D
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • team47b wrote:
    Morning all!

Birthday breakfast in bed followed by doin' whatever the fark I like, all day, so much the same as every other day :D

Please feel free to consume lots of cake on my behalf!
    Happy belated returns of the day. Been drinking, cannas spell, enjoy thesaurus
    D. :lol:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's not a bike, that's a collection of scaffolding and dustbin lids. Get a lighter one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's not a bike, that's a collection of scaffolding and dustbin lids. Get a lighter one.
    What, like your collection of drinking straws and a couple of pretzels glued together ? Would never last dropping off those cliffs.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What, like your collection of drinking straws and a couple of pretzels glued together ? Would never last dropping off those cliffs.

Pretzels are far too wide and drinking straws weigh far too much. Carbon matchsticks and cover slips are the bizness.