Actual Fryday thread

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
As Piña the Diva has failed and started a thread before going to bed I thought I'd show him how to do it properly.
Morning folks,
I had a slow wobble in to work as it was rather warmer than I expected and I couldn't be arsed to stop and remove a layer. As it's Friday pig based fried meats will be in order, Cody will condemn me to hell for this. But I don't care as he also says that's where all the hookers and loose women go so it sounds like fun.
Busy weekend of DIY of the home and velocipede variety coming up, probably interspersed with beer.
Onwards and upwards...

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning,

And welcome all the the rightful Friday thread. Some people eh. :wink:

Woke up at 7.45, got on my conference call with the French - person we really needed on the call was not there and I am awake now so stuff it.

Looks like in Codyworld I'll be somewhere hot getting prodded with three pronged implements on multiple charges. Although I'm struggling to think anyone here that will escape the day of reckoning :)

Schools are out for half term so stropteen and stressbag are still in bed. Once they get up the usual battles between what we all want to do will commence. So I'll enjoy the peace with a coffee for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Off we a weekend away, got a feeling the pub will be involved
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning,

Some bad uns on this forum these days.

In work, afternoon spent kicking out the students that make your degrees worthless. Chocolate and good sandwich at lunch if I can get out at 11.30. Not holding my breathe.

Was grim walking the dogs and turning out the horses earlier, gave riding a miss.

Letting sleeping dogs* lie eh Stevo

*Disclaimer that is no reference to a persons looks before someone gets a wooden spoon out
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning,

Some bad uns on this forum these days.

In work, afternoon spent kicking out the students that make your degrees worthless. Chocolate and good sandwich at lunch if I can get out at 11.30. Not holding my breathe.

Was grim walking the dogs and turning out the horses earlier, gave riding a miss.

Letting sleeping dogs* lie eh Stevo

*Disclaimer that is no reference to a persons looks before someone gets a wooden spoon out
    Sleeping cows might be more appropriate. Unfortunately she's awake now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Fish and Chip lunch day today. Chips are the carb loading for tomorrow's Beachy Head marathon.
  • Early finish for a half term bikeless week in Aberystwyth with the family.

No pigs were consumed today, porridge is the only thing I've eaten and I'm fecking hungry...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Haven't stopped eating since getting off the bike - i'm well farqed I am innit. That'll teach me for going for a ride in a gale. Perhaps I should tell Cody I had a ride on Gail.
    Chilly Doritos...mmm...the crumbs will bung up the keyboarsjfry dkfn, kjbdkndkf kjfj kdjjbcvl.

Bye.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    New phone, few drinks in a different pub where my friend saw one of her underlings drinking who is currently claiming to be too sick to work.

Climbing tomorrow in Wales followed by cycling sunday and monday as I took some leave
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    In the office this morning followed by a trip to pick up my new bike.

Got it home and noticed the front wheel fitted the wrong way round .... Hardly inspires confidence :(
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The front wheel was the wrong way round?!? Boy that could have been fatal. I'd get on to trading standards if I were you and start a thread in 'Campaign' to get this shop closed down.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    The front wheel was the wrong way round?!? Boy that could have been fatal. I'd get on to trading standards if I were you and start a thread in 'Campaign' to get this shop closed down.
    The bike had disc brakes rather ineffective ones at that. :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The bike had disc brakes rather ineffective ones at that. :shock:
    I'm just waiting for a roadie to claim this is an advantage of rim brakes compared to disc brakes :P