sizing of giant talon 27.5 2

turbo_hamster
turbo_hamster Posts: 122
edited October 2014 in Women
I'm planning my first ever mountain biking day (on easy trails) and will be hiring a bike. The centre hires out Giant Talon 27.5 (2) in various sizes.

I'm 5'2" and ride a 48cm road bike.

Has anyone got an idea if the small Talon is going to be an OK fit? The hire centre doesn't seem to do the XS.

Comments

• Well, I followed the link, but it just said " Frame Sizes S, M, L, XL Colours Black/Blue (Matte/Gloss)".

Since I'm not buying it, it probably won't much matter.
  • The Giant size chart is here:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/backoffi ... e_size.pdf

You would be XS on the chart.

The chart is only a guide, though: I'm 5'6" and got a medium Talon 27.5 which was about right for me, even though the chart said 'small' (I have fitted a shorter stem) - The medium Talons seemed to be a bit smaller that mediums / 18" frames in other makes which were mostly too big. (I don't know if that would carry over to the smalls, though.)

One PITA is that the fittings for the bottle on the seat tube stop the seat post dropping very far, really restricting the range of size adjustment. (Unless you cut the seat post - unlikely on a hire bike, I would have thought).
  • Thanks, I did wonder if the small would be small enough. Maybe they will have a kid's bike available for me! At least it is only for the day.