bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
http://www.theguardian.com/news/quiz/20 ... tober-2014

There is a cycling question in there!

Comments

• pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    8 - quite pleased - got the composer and the Radiohead questions wrong, unsurprisingly for me.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    7/10 And I guessed most of those!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    A rather unexpected 8/10 given that I guessed three of them. And I just knew that watching that BBC4 documentary about jet-airliners would come in handy one day.

Good quiz, sir!
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Get in - 10/10.

And I only Googled three of them!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    4 out of 10. meh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    8/10. Annoyingly I answered the Radiohead one without thinking and got it wrong. I replied with the first one I bought, not their first album. Got the battleship one wrong but as I got one of them right can I claim half a point.
    Good quiz though, about my level. Good to beat Pesky as I have no idea about the music he was discussing in the CC. Take that young whippersnapper!
  • They're usually pretty tough, these Guardian quizzes, I often struggle to get more than 5/10, so I thought I'd propose a slightly easier one!
  • Deet001
    Deet001 Posts: 13
    7 out of 10 but with a couple of "do I know this somehow or am I guessing"s
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    7 out of 10 for me as well. Only 2 I would say I was certain were right so another lucky guesser!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Checking back I was certain of 3 and confident of a 4th (Freddie Mercury). Battleship one confused me as I thought both PoW and Hood got sunk by the Bismarck.
  • Pross wrote:
    Checking back I was certain of 3 and confident of a 4th (Freddie Mercury). Battleship one confused me as I thought both PoW and Hood got sunk by the Bismarck.

Yes, the Hood was a red herring! Sunk indeed by the Bismarck and the P of Wales was damaged.

But that was quite a bit earlier in the war.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Looks like I'm winning I got 3.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    6/10, not too shabby I guess :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    1 better than Arran (including 3 guesses).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    8/10 completely off the top of my head. I can live with that.

A few guesses though.

Along with a few others, I was disappointed at getting the Radiohead one wrong.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.