How much of 2014 do you remember?

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,137
edited November 2014 in Pro race
Here's a little quiz for you. How many of the riders that finished on the podiums of World Tour races can you name?(You only have to enter the surname)

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RichN95/th ... ing-season

I didn't get them all right - and I made the quiz.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    RichN95 wrote:
    Here's a little quiz for you. How many of the riders that finished on the podiums of World Tour races can you name?(You only have to enter the surname)

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RichN95/th ... ing-season

I didn't get them all right - and I made the quiz.

excellent idea. I'm not going to bother as I can only remember out half a dozen places. Made me reflect on the season though and what a great classics season it was.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    68/84.

Better than I expected tbh. It's weird how certain races are complete gaps, and indeed how many race I got the first two but couldn't for the life of me remember the third rider.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    I suggest there is a correlation of some sort between playing PTP and knowing who made up the podium of Eneco or Pologne.....

If I sat here for another 100years I wouldn't have remembered the winner of Milan -San Remo
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    62/84. Great quiz. For the life of me I couldn't remember who came 2nd in Paris Roubaix.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I watched almost all of those races, and can't remember the winners, never mind the rest of the podium.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Nice one Rich,

51/84... Paris-Nice, Suisse, Poland and Eneco are complete blanks for me.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    62 for me, 66 if you take account of inept spelling.

Took me a long time to remember second and third in the giro (although I had no problem with the spelling for those two, thank god).
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I think Nibs won The Tour.

Given I did both PTP and road.cc fantasy all season I should remember at least 5 but I doubt it.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    72, but part of that was due to guessing and typing the name in to see if they'd got WT podiums. I got the GC winner on the Tour of Poland, but could never guess who else was on the podium. I

'm particularly proud of getting all three of the podium finishers in the Eneco Tour, for some obscure reason.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    andyp wrote:

'm particularly proud of getting all three of the podium finishers in the Eneco Tour, for some obscure reason.

64 for me, but rather funnily, struggled with Eneco and oddly enough with who was on the podium in Flanders.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • 61, although it would be 62 if I knew how to spell Izagirre.

Forgot that Swift was on the podium at MSR, and what a good season Arthur Vichot had in the World Tour...

Also, forgot that Aru was third in the Giro, oops
  • Its blocked me out... gutted.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    49 - had a complete blank on 2nd and 3rd at the Tour of all things! Should have got more just by blindly entering the names of a few of the usual suspects!
  • RichN95.
    Fancy another quiz?

How many World Tour winners of the last five years can you get?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RichN95/pr ... -2010-2014
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Ta Rich

98... had completely forgotten about Matthew Harley Goss...
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Thanks Rich, fun these.
    68 for the first, 117 for the second. Odd how your memory works: I had Gent-Wevelgem and Eneco Tour complete, but missed 2 Giro winners and one for Flanders and Roubaix.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    120. I'm getting better at these, I thnk.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • shazzz
    Another great quiz.
    99 for me. My spelling let me down again - would have broken the century if I'd been able to spell Boasson Hagen. The giro was another black spot for me.
    It's interesting to see who has not won a world tour race in the last five years (or at all) - mainly the sprinters with no Kittel, Cav, Hushovd, ....
  • RichN95.
    shazzz wrote:
    99 for me. My spelling let me down again - would have broken the century if I'd been able to spell Boasson Hagen.
    I shall now annoy you. Just 'Hagen' would have been accepted.
  • shazzz
    D'oh!
    Although, to be honest, I did google Vansummeren to get his name spelled correctly.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Managed 103 on the second one - fortunately I remembered Gilbert very late!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    For the purposes of balance...

32 and 64
    Half man, Half bike