The 'Holy Fark it's Windy' Tuesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

There was talk on facebook about sh1t this place is now. They're right. Everyone pull your shizzle together!

Today, I'm going to try and fly to work, then come home and replace my motorbike battery. That's about as exciting as it gets.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yep pretty poor forum and the BB is similar

Today is a corporate shoot day, talking mostly about printer contracts (just for you Stevo)

Later will probably be a run
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No wind here, but I'm thinking my flight back to blighty could be delayed (Flies out at about 11:35 from the UK and due in at 7:20 tomorrow!)....time will tell!

Quiet day here, no-one about!

Have a good one all!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Hello, you called?

Today will be interviewing for minions, browsing the web and genrally slipping into holiday mode.

Last night i had to do a psychometric test for a job that i've gone for, bloody thing almost popped my cranium.

Anywhoo coffee is on the go and just contemplating where to get the bacons?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    windy as fook here today. my boys trampoline had blown over the fence but was luckily still caught by one of it's legs otherwise it would have landed smack bang on top of my car causing quite a bit of damage I reckon!

other than that it's skiving and waiting to go for a ride later with northern monkey.

so are we all emigrating to fb then?
  • VWsurfbum
    welshkev wrote:
    I think one of the reasons i dont come on here so often is because theres no mobile site, as i spend 90% of my working life out and about, so zooming in on posts is soo annoying. FB is easier, and there's more boobs.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    I think one of the reasons i dont come on here so often is because theres no mobile site, as i spend 90% of my working life out and about, so zooming in on posts is soo annoying. FB is easier, and there's more boobs.
    I never liked this forum on a mobile, so only ever go on when I'm with a computer.

The problem with FB, is it's FB.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    I never liked this forum on a mobile, so only ever go on when I'm with a computer.

The problem with FB, is it's FB.
    correct and with that comes lots of idiots and boobs
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Only a bit blowy down here, I stiffened up against it in case I accidentally got blown off.
    I suppose if everybody complaining this place is shite on FB were complaining on here it might be better, problem being this place is shite. But then again so is FB. I try to avoid getting too much in the way of boobage on my FB feed because I still try to maintain the illusion that I'm some sort of responsible adult at times.
    I was too busy yesterday and didn't manage to get any biscuits. Fortunately the wife realised how much trouble I was in and stuck a pack of Jammy Dodgers in my bag this morning. That should get me through until lunchtime when I can replenish my stocks properly. Until then tea and the aforementioned.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Veronese68 wrote:
    . Fortunately the wife realised how much trouble I was in and stuck a pack of Jammy Dodgers in my bag this morning. .

shouldn't you have been sticking your jammy dodgers in her bag :wink:
  • veronese68
    welshkev wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    . Fortunately the wife realised how much trouble I was in and stuck a pack of Jammy Dodgers in my bag this morning. .

shouldn't you have been sticking your jammy dodgers in her bag :wink:
    :-) Thank you. I knew there was something in there but I'm obviously unwell and struggled to make that sound even remotely smutty. I was thinking along the lines of a ring with a sticky red centre but it didn't quite work.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon fools and horses. I'm off for a ride this afternoon. Heard it might be windy, should be refreshing.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    In the NW of Scotland we regularly get wind speeds above 90mph, so hurricane force. We're used to it. The wind sometimes sets of car alarms. It doesn't stop anything around here, and people don't complain. B*tch over.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • veronese68
    I just asked the cute Polish girl in the office if she wanted a jammie ring, she politely declined then wondered why all the blokes were laughing.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening tw@s

been out looking at broken aircraft, it's getting a bit tedious now, got home late, had a massive barry white and am now waiting on the bottom feeder getting my nose bag sorted.

Then i'm off to FB coz it's brilliant!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    matthew h wrote:
    Today is a corporate shoot day, talking mostly about printer contracts (just for you Stevo)
    Going to give us some business then? There's beer in for you :wink:

Evening Mongs, I laughed in the face of wind and pedalled in today. Quite good fun actually, keeps you on your toes near buses and lorries :) Hookers and blow will feature tomorrow as i'm out on the town.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Hopefully, if your sales guys can see the bigger picture!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

OK, if you're already talking to them there's no need for me to be match maker - I take it 'the bigger picture' means a discount? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

OK, if you're already talking to them there's no need for me to be match maker - I take it 'the bigger picture' means a discount? :wink:

Yes, obviously

They have us wanting them in circa 20 locations whereas we are now 80 and increasing
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    They have us wanting them in circa 20 locations whereas we are now 80 and increasing
    I'll leave you to have fun with salesmen. I probably haven't got a good reason to stick my nose in anyway - usually only get involved where it's cross border/multi-country stuff.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    I'll leave you to have fun with salesmen. I probably haven't got a good reason to stick my nose in anyway - usually only get involved where it's cross border/multi-country stuff.

Some are in Wales
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Some are in Wales
    Just because you have to pay £6.40 to get in doesn't make it an international border :)