Where did the Sportive thread go???

Sleeper Cell
Sleeper Cell Posts: 105
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
I must be getting old, but I'm convinced there was a witty thread about Sportives on here this morning and now it's gone. Anybody know where it is, or what hallowed rule was broken that required its immediate removal to protect common decency or a breach of the peace?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Dunno, odd! Unless something dodgy was added since I last viewed it then it seemed to be going along the light-hearted banter route it was intended to as far as I could tell. Plenty worse on here!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I thought I looked at it not long ago and there was about 8 comments all in a light-hearted fashion.

Has someone said 'Malaria' when they mean't 'Malala Yousafzai'....
  • RideOnTime
    It did have 'bottom' in it.....
  • RideOnTime
    Conspiracy over....

Just looking at calling Malala - malaria - someone else (celeb, but don't recognise name) tweeted to congratulate Malala - as congrats Masala - whoops :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Why did it get moved? It was a light hearted thread more suited to the off topic part of the forum. We'll probably now get told off for trying to wind up the sportive folk!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Maybe some of our suggestion were considered sensible? I'd have thought it more likely to head in the direction of the BB.
    Actually I wish organisers of such things would take some of them seriously, but I don't think for a moment that would happen.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Are you saying that it is difficult to understand why they would move a thread about sportives to the sportive section? Took you long enough to find it, although it's not a race :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I moved it, Sportive discussions go in the sportive section, Cakestop is for off topic discussions,
  • Velonutter wrote:
    I moved it, Sportive discussions go in the sportive section, Cakestop is for off topic discussions,
    I don't think it was a serious discussion. In fact, I'm absolutely certain it wasn't.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter wrote:
    I don't think it was a serious discussion. In fact, I'm absolutely certain it wasn't.

Serious or not is irrelevant, keep topics to the right sections.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    To be honest I can see the confusion. As far as I can make out, as per forum rules, The Cake Stop is the only section for light humour and friendly discussion?

Other sections are for serious bike related topics?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Velonutter
    Correction: -
    The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    You've got to admit though, we're pretty good at taking almost anything off topic.
This discussion has been closed.