9. Guy East / Dan Holloway
10. Didier Caspers / Melvin van Zijl
11. Marco Zanotti / Mitchell Huenders
12. Christian Kos / Patrick Kos

Teams 1 to 4 are the ones to watch.

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Terpstra won the Derny race in style. That has to be my new favourite track event!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,217
    Terpstra is normally with Keisse, no?
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Missed the derneys, but have just seen the final chase in the eurosport highlights programme - great racing. Will definitely be tuning in live tonight. I know we've got Revolution, but isn't it time for a British 6. I have very fond memories of the Merckx / Thurau omnium at the Skol 6 (1978?) and one of my clubmates was telling me about Alf Engers attempting the hour record wrapped in bacofoil at an earlier edition.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    mm1 wrote:
    Missed the derneys, but have just seen the final chase in the eurosport highlights programme - great racing. Will definitely be tuning in live tonight. I know we've got Revolution, but isn't it time for a British 6. I have very fond memories of the Merckx / Thurau omnium at the Skol 6 (1978?) and one of my clubmates was telling me about Alf Engers attempting the hour record wrapped in bacofoil at an earlier edition.
    A British 6-Day will happen within two years, I guarantee it.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    JSCL wrote:
    mm1 wrote:

Tell us now who'll win it JSCL and we'll love you forever #longerodds
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    JSCL wrote:

Given the overall decline in 6 day racing, the success of single night events like the Revolution series, and the failed attempts by Tony Doyle to get a 6 day up and running in the UK, I'd be happy to wager that it won't, despite your guarantee.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Terpstra won the Derny race in style. That has to be my new favourite track event!
    I just caught 5 minutes of the coverage and saw the last few laps before some god-awful property programme started on C4 that my wife wanted to watch. I've watched a fair bit of track racing (and been to 5 or 6 Revolution meets), but I'd never seen a Derny race before. Also my new favourite track event. Amazing fun!
  • jscl
    andyp wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

Given the overall decline in 6 day racing, the success of single night events like the Revolution series, and the failed attempts by Tony Doyle to get a 6 day up and running in the UK, I'd be happy to wager that it won't, despite your guarantee.
    Just because Tony Doyle isn't getting it off the ground, doesn't mean that there aren't other organisers in the UK working to bring it to fruition.

I have been to UIV meetings and have discussed this with potential organisers. I'm not talking about a full 6 days in one velodrome, but it'll happen. Wager accepted.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    How can it be a 6 day if it's at different velodromes? That's just a series of track meets otherwise.
  • jscl
    andyp wrote:
    How can it be a 6 day if it's at different velodromes? That's just a series of track meets otherwise.
    It's one of three 'proposals' I've seen being looked at from one organiser. Two days at three different velodromes, same riders.

The hard part for the UK's indoor velodromes is lighting and finding an organiser who can put the money in to it.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Tell us now who'll win it JSCL and we'll love you forever #longerodds
    Tony Gowland, of course. :lol::lol::lol:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    edited October 2014
    Terpstra is normally with Keisse, no?
    Has paired with him in the past but Keisse is pairing with Cav for Gent. Last year's winners de Ketele and Gijs VH not here and I notice they've cut the sprinters competition.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Terpstra was stunning last night
  • Art Vandelay
    After Day 1: Terpstra/Havik in the lead on points but on the same laps as Lampater/Stöpler. Teams 2 & 4 will be trying hard to get back on to level pegging tonight.
    Schermafbeelding%202014-10-20%20om%2023_21_02.png
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I'll be interested to see how de Buyst gets on, he has just signed for Lotto Soudal and is only 20. Rated as a talent but not seen much of him at all.
  • Terrible crash in the derney, just now.
    One derney rode straight over another derney bloke.
    Doesn't look good for him.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Holyshit!!! :shock:
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Frightening eh? Love that race but never seen anything like that...
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Bit of a horror crash that, hopefully everyone is ok.
  • Is that why no coverage?
  • Is that why no coverage?

Yes.
    They are hoping to resume soon, but who knows?
  • Art Vandelay
    Is that why no coverage?

Yes. Crash involving derny bikes is not good.
  • I just thought it was Eurosport using any excuse to put tennis on...

Fingers crossed for all involved.
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    Ouch....that looked bad,hope all are OK.
  • Paul 8v
    That looks pretty serious, the crash was horrendous, they were doing over 60km/h at the time. I really hope he is OK but it doesn't look very good for him at all, they said he was seriously injured.
  • No sign of Eurosport going back to Amsterdam, so it's looking as if racing has been cancelled for the night.
    Which, doesn't look great for the outcome.
  • Paul 8v
    Accordingmto twitter he's on his way to hospital. No news on who it was though. I assume the derny drivers are ex riders?
  • The derny driver is former world champion Cees Stam, who is also the grandfather of Yoeri Havik (who was visibly shaken). It does not look great.
  • An official statement (in dutch) has just been released on the 6day website:

De tweede avond van de Zesdaagse van Amsterdam is dinsdag stilgelegd na een serieus ongeval dat plaatsvond tijdens de eerste dernyrace.
    De ervaren gangmaker Cees Stam liep ernstige verwondingen op bij een valpartij in de slotrondes van de race.
    Hij werd op de baan behandeld door medisch personeel. Vervolgens is hij voor verder onderzoek en behandeling naar het VU ziekenhuis gebracht.
    Een aantal andere gangmakers en renners waren betrokken bij het ongeval, maar zijn ondanks kleine blessures in orde.
    De organisatie komt met meer nieuws zodra dat beschikbaar is.

the essence I think is that he is being currently treated at VU hospital but that he is in serious conditions (I think that's what ernstige verwondingen means).
  • Art Vandelay
    Serious but stable condition is the latest.