Larger women's waterproof jacket

tyred&weary
tyred&weary Posts: 243
edited January 2015 in Women
I'm looking for lightweight waterproof jacket for a short woman about size 16-18 but with a large bust. We've tried men's sizes, but by the time they fit round the bust they are far too long in the sleeves and body.

Has anyone found anything suitable?

Comments

• stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    I am a similar size and shape and have a ladies Gore XXL - I can't remember the model but it is very lightweight and appears more-or less waterproof.
    Another make which fitted was Mavic. Other than that they are either too small or too heavy! Altura and Endura fit but are too thick and heavy.
    Ladies bike gear does not seem to be made for anyone over a size 12.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • shuffc
    shuffc Posts: 6
    Madison jackets tend to be quite a good fit may be worth a try they do a fair range

http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/women ... -c332#a547
  • Paramo velez light smock is definatley waterproof and windproof and an XL will fit a size 16-18. I got mine from the Ebay seconds shop it was about £100, they are £220 usually.
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Have always ended up buying men's jackets- have long arms as well as being 'well built' and have found the men's jackets are better (and often cheaper!)

Hope you found one!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • Hi, I am a comfy size 16 (all boobs and bum). I bought a dhb hi viz pink rain jacket from Halfords. £39. I've riden for hours in poring rain and although it isn't fancy goretex it's kept me completely dry. It's got exactly what u would expect from a cycling jacket, long at the back the usual back pockets and Velcro cuffs.

It's really attractive, fits well and I can be seen from the moon . Worth checking out as they are still in the stores now.