Kelly Mcgarry huge crash at Red Bull Rampage

kester
kester Posts: 79
edited October 2014 in MTB general
and yet he walks away pretty much injury free! same can't be said for his bike though!

kelly-mcgarry-crash-redbull-rampage-2014-.jpg

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_251KfdP8

Comments

• He overshot that one a little bit...
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • I'm always amazed at how most of 'em seem to walk away from these biggies.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • I've seen worse for sale on Pinkbike.
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    Looked nasty and his bike is a tad sorry for itself - well the wheels are at least.

That's probably why he walked away, as the bikes suspension and wheels did the decelerating and took the brunt of the shock loading on impact.

He might not of broken anything but I bet he felt like he'd been hit by a train for a few days afterwards. ;)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    twonks wrote:
    Looked nasty and his bike is a tad sorry for itself - well the wheels are at least.

That's probably why he walked away, as the bikes suspension and wheels did the decelerating and took the brunt of the shock loading on impact.

He might not of broken anything but I bet he felt like he'd been hit by a train for a few days afterwards. ;)

He's made of some seriously tough stuff.

After the massive crash in practice he still entered the main event.... and ate sh!t backflipping the same jump :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBhT8uEQqUI
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The reason they do these events in Utah is that the dirt is a really fine dust and you can have massive accidents with less risk if injury.
    I went on a rock climbing trip to Utah and we were taking ground falls from 20+ foot and just a quick dust down and back on it. Amazing climbing out there, would love to go back with a downhill bike.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I wonder how many of these guys load up on Valium before riding these events...