Amstel Gold Sportive

Rob1981
Rob1981 Posts: 2
After a bit of advice....

I have registered for the Amstel Gold. What's the chances generally of getting a place? Is it vastly oversubscribed?

Also any advice on where to stay etc. I'm planning on driving over Friday night and coming back Sun night after the pro race.

Comments

• JoostG
    JoostG Posts: 189
    It will be oversubscribed as it is the most popular Sportive in The Netherlands. Best place to stay is Valkenburg: lots of hotels (very touristic), start location of the sportive and finish location of the pro tour version, and good nightlife the day before and after your ride (try Parkhotel Valkenburg, the owner is a cyclist and sponsor of an elite team, and they're used to cyclists).

Something to keep in mind: you can ride the Amstel Gold every day as all the different distances can be navigated by signposts.
  • Did this last year and it is a fantastic ride and proves that Holland isn't flat! We stayed in Aachen about 15k away. We also plan to stay an extra day next year as the atmosphere in Valkenberg is superb! One other point you hardly hear English spoken at all!
  • I've pre-registered for next year's Amstel Gold sportive, but does anyone know the date (roughly based on previous years) when I will find out if I have been successful?

Nothing on the official website that I could find.

Thanks.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live