Its Turdsday

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Crudites.....

Another day in the office with all and sundry trying to avoid having meetings with me.....oh well, roll on Sunday!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• You sound like someone from my workplace - always having meetings!

Morning Losers!
    Well I had my custard with crumble last night, and it was awesome. Win.

Today, I feel like I've either got appendicitus or trapped wind. Judging by the couple of farts I did, I'm guessing the latter. Honestly, they'll have shown up on the rictor scale!

Got asked to play for a football game on Saturday, so I think a run after work is in order.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • The Rookie
    Trust me, from someone who knows, if you had appendicitis you would know about it....

My job is auditing others work, so yes, lots of meetings!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    I like meeting, can't get enough of them :roll:

Today is painful after not running for circa eight weeks two back to back runs of 5 & 6.5 miles have hurt me, I thought my legs hurt yesterday!
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Trust me, from someone who knows, if you had appendicitis you would know about it....

It's ok, I turned my car into a toxic wasteland whilst travelling to work. I feel better.

I don't mind meetings, as long as they're productive and it doesn't end with "So the follow up meeting will be..." :roll:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning all,
    What a glorious morning. Managed to wobble in to work in shorts and a t shirt in glorious sunshine, is it really October? Very pretty in the park as well, stopped to take a couple of pictures. It all put me in a good mood, I'm sure someone will soon irritate that out of me though. Even the Thursday morning hangover doesn't seem too bad at the moment.
    Out to lunch with the Mrs later so it'll be nice to get out of here for a bit. Until then more tea, and maybe a biscuit or twelve.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    What a glorious morning. Managed to wobble in to work in shorts and a t shirt in glorious sunshine, is it really October? Very pretty in the park as well, stopped to take a couple of pictures. It all put me in a gay mood
    FTFY
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    What a glorious morning. Managed to wobble in to work in shorts and a t shirt in glorious sunshine, is it really October? Very pretty in the park as well, stopped to take a couple of pictures. It all put me in a gay mood
    FTFY
    I'm old enough to remember when gay meant happy.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    New contract received and signed.

Old job has been given the big finger telling them to do one...life is good 8)

London was good last night, tired as I didn't get home til 2am and my alarm went off at 6.15!

but as I've officially got a new job I'm going to go home and drink some more wine with the other half :D

laters
  • Whats the job WK?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Whats the job WK?
    Fluffer for Lily Savage.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613

Auditor you say!? Explains a lot ;-)

This place really is dying on its arse isn't it!? 4 posts in two hours in the whole MTB forum!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    njee20 wrote:

This place really is dying on its ars* isn't it!? 4 posts in two hours in the whole MTB forum!

I'll bring that average up.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Whats the job WK?
    Fluffer for Lily Savage.

Full time emptier for Gts mum?

Hola twerkees,

Sacked most of today off by driving to a job where i know everyone so it was tea, biscuits and gossip. Got back to the office to find out two middle-ish management had a bit of a set to and i missed it! FAIL!

In other news i'm about to do some exercise and then foods.

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Evening Gimboids,

Skived off early for me - need to pack as I am doing the long trek North tomorrow after work. Now could just do with a drink!

@Welshkev - did you go back to Welshland last night? Thought you were camping in the gutter in London....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Off to the pub for free beer :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Whats the job WK?

field service/installation engineer with a it of technical sales too.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    @Welshkev - did you go back to Welshland last night? Thought you were camping in the gutter in London....

haha, nah, I caught the train down and my mate was already there and he gave me a lift home 8)
  • The Rookie
    njee20 wrote:

Haha, probably, actually there is a little more to it than that, I am auditing our engineering verification, but as the engineers doing the job know less about their job than I do there is a chunk of coaching and helping them to do it as well as the auditing at the end. The trouble is their seniors who like to pretend they know it all are now exposed as being shown to know much less than they pretended, so they avoid having any meetings as it's a bit of a loss of face.