Keep getting logged out

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
Hi Guys,
There seems to be an issue with the site logging me out as i navigate. It happens on my desktop, laptop and tablet. Sometimes i have to login 5 times per browsing session, before i give up. Proving a bit of a nightmare.

Russ

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    click the remember me button.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I have done that, but it still logs me out constantly on all my devices?
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I have this problem with Macbook laptop and iPhone.

I keep on getting logged out and it's difficult to get logged back in. Often taking many attempts.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Yep... it's a Safari problem
    left the forum March 2023
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Nope, I only use Safari on my iPad and iPhone and no problems there and I use Firefox on my PC and that is working fine.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Bikeradar... SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT. It's been going on for long enough !!!

We are still getting logged out and it takes us multiple attempts to log back in again to make a post. I've had to log in 3 times to post this.

Macbook with Safari and OS X. It's not a Safari problem as every other website works fine.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • I get this problem with Chrome on both Android and OS X. This isn't a browser problem – it's a website problem.

It's making the site so painful to use that half the time I can't be bothered anymore. I generally stick to road.cc these days since their website works!
  • It's got pretty much unusable on my mobile phone now.
    (Intrusive ads, pop-ups and slow loading times.)

I can't even log in on my phone anymore, so I've stopped trying.
    Also have recently had problems accessing the forum via the desktop menu - the drop-down menu drops but doesn't show any links.
    I've left it whirring for a couple of minutes, but nothing happens.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    After many months of problem free use I am now shown as logged out on the forum page but when I try to log in it tells me I am already logged in.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I get this on the ipad in Chrome, but not at all on the PC, suspect it's an Apple OS issue myself.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    The Rookie wrote:
    I get this on the ipad in Chrome, but not at all on the PC, suspect it's an Apple OS issue myself.
    no issue on the iPad for me so I don't think iOS. but then I am using safari.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'm really sorry you are having problems logging in and staying logged into the site. I want to investigate this further, so our team can understand what is happening and why.

If you have this problem please could you report it using our feedback form: https://bikeradarux.typeform.com/to/lWJzsC, and let us know what browser and device you are using - the more detail the better as it will enable us to replicate the issue here.

We've been unable to make updates to the site because we have transitioned between two different teams - but the new team (which I am part of) is getting up to speed and is eager to start fixing these problems.

If you have any other problems, do please share them with us using the feedback form: https://bikeradarux.typeform.com/to/lWJzsC - I read every message we get, and respond directly to those that request it, where as I may miss updates on the forum.

Once again, we're sorry that some of you are having problems and we intend to address this as soon as possible.

- Bonny
    Part of the BikeRadar Digital Team - Interim Community Manager (holiday cover for AndyEd)