Midweek Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I had a nice lazy evening last night. It was nice. I forgot to buy custard for a crumble I'd bought, so that was a mini fail really.

Today, I'm meeting with one of the directors to meet a supplier. This is quite a big deal, and I'm not entirely sure why I've been invited, but I'm going to do a bit of research before hand, so I sound at least a little bit like I know what I'm talking about.

Later, I should do some form of exercise. Should.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Morning crudites, back overseas again, been promised some off-road riding on Sunday in a new place I haven't been before which will be nice!

Have to get the rental bike ordered.

Have a good one!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

legs are tired from a ride last night, but that's good.

I'm supposed to be off to London later to go to the Movember launch party, but this hasn't been confirmed yet so we'll see.

other than that I think it's bacon and skiving on the cards.

laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Morning Spazwangles,

Also tired. Went out for beer and pub grub last night in town then pedalled home. I was quite fast getting back - cider is the new energy drink :) Now stuck on a train on a bridge over the Thames as the points are knackered so they've got to go back South, turn round and go into Victoria on the line next to this. The joy. And I haven't had a coffee yet :evil:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    You should have pedalled in Stevo. Very warm out there, I'm a bit sweaty now.
    Bunking off work early and pub later as its Wednesday. Until then tea and fig rolls will have to do.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You should have pedalled in Stevo. Very warm out there, I'm a bit sweaty now.
    Bunking off work early and pub later as its Wednesday. Until then tea and fig rolls will have to do.
    My legs whinge a lot when asked to pedal two days on the trot. But I've had a good rest on the train.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning 'tards.

Looks like work will fuck with my head today as a job I started to tender two years ago has landed again, I think my colleague can price it this time :twisted:

Still at least the boss is off this week so I'll just drink tea and loaf.

Might make the most of the mild evenings and take the BFe out tonight 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In Birmingham for an early meet so got here before 7 and it still hasn't started
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Impressed that you guys don't copy and paste. Oh and Hi, I do own a mountain bike, it is a bit unloved and is kept under the stairs along with the dog food
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • welshkev
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Impressed that you guys don't copy and paste. Oh and Hi, I do own a mountain bike, it is a bit unloved and is kept under the stairs along with the dog food

who the fark are you?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Morning Losers!

I had a nice lazy evening last night. It was nice. I forgot to buy custard for a crumble I'd bought, so that was a mini fail really.

Laters!

you call that a Mini fail.

Mmmmm Custard. might make some tonight.

fill the bath and relax.

damn don't have a bath and I don't think I could make enough custard either.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    welshkev wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

who the fark are you?
    A shaven leg weirdo, most his posts are in the r**d bike forums.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • arran77
    The Rookie wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

who the fark are you?

He's harmless enough, most of his posts are in Bottom Bracket :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

who the fark are you?

And I believe he owns a strip club

That might be made up by me
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

who the fark are you?

Maybe he knows GT's-mum.

seanoconn
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    No maybe - everyone knows GT's mum
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

who the fark are you?

He wants me to own a strip club, perhaps I should open one up, could make a fortune now he has to fill that study time.

So does anyone here actually ride or are you a bit like the waxed* leg people over yonder who just dress up in funny gear and not for the wife
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • welshkev
    ride?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Damn forgot to buy Crumble.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welshkev
    I'VE ONLY BEEN OFFERED THE JOB...GET IN!!!!

oops, I didn't realise that was in capitals..ah well...woo hoo :mrgreen:

plus I'm off to London to get drunk later.

see ya
  • arran77
    welshkev wrote:

see ya

Nice, time to get properly h'd then 8)

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    welshkev wrote:

see ya

Great news!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Excellent, well done Kev.
    Nick, that's a major fail.
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:

see ya
    Nice one Kev, just watch out for the street cleaning lorries doing the gutters the next morning :P
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening tw@s,

Nice one Kev.

How come there is loads of talk about custard and a mention for Gts mum but nobody manged to put both together!

Poorly war plane needs my attention tomorrow, needs a bit of composite damage repaired. Will give it my utmost disinterest.

Did i read some clown earlier in the thread asking if anyone actually 'rode a bike?'

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I actually rode a bike today, lee quarry with work again, was very windy.

Supposed to be out for a few drinks, but they weren't willing to wait 5 minutes for me to get a shower when I got back and I'm not driving 10 miles to meet them and not be able to drink.

Congrats Kev.
  • arran77
    bg13 wrote:
    How come there is loads of talk about custard and a mention for Gts mum but nobody manged to put both together!

Because there's not enough custard in the world to fill GT's-mum :wink:

seanoconn
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Damn forgot to buy Crumble.
    I remembered to get custard. A tin of it, plus some proper Birds-Eye Powder stuff. It was a win.

Well done Welshman, that's great news! :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro