Johnny Marr

crispybug2
crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
Oh Joy!!

Oh Rapture!!

The God like genius is playing at my local concert venue in less than two weeks.......

...AND I HAVE TICKETS!!!!!

This will pretty much make up for The Smiths cancelling a concert at the same venue on the day of the gig back in 1984, and the subsequent disappointment of having never seen The Smiths before their untimely demise.

I am giddy with excitement.

Comments

• Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I saw him last year and it was a similar experience to Weller, you're just waiting for the Jam stuff the rest is just padding, London and How Soon is Now were blinding though.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    What irony if he cancels on the day too.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Three times Smiths gig goer in my yoof - in my top 5 bands list.. :lol:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    The Smiths have some good stuff, but Electronic was where Marr excelled with freer reign over the whole arrangement.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Had a go on his signature Fender Jaguar, and he has really sorted that guitar out for Fender. Was really torn between that and another Strat. Got the strat though.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Forgot I had this a bit of video from The Smyths (Tribute band) I did a couple of years ago. Great singalong at 3.10

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =3&theater
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Sounded good on the 6Music Maida Vale session this morning. Enjoy the gig! I'm still gutted for missing out on the Manic Street Preachers gig in Manc in December :(
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Back from the gig and I'm delighted to report that he was as excellent as I hoped he would be.

His new stuff is very good and was interspersed with classic Smiths and Electronic material including a storming version of 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' and finishing with a sublime 'How Soon Is Now'.

Well worth the thirty year wait to see him play!
  • hibster
    hibster Posts: 58
    think the inclusion of the elctronic stuff stems from the gig he did supporting new order at jodrell bank
    rehearesed it then & we had barney & johnny together

they didn't tour as electronic, did a cuple of dates in america & played at manchester v cancer where they did vicious (or viscous as barney pronounced it) & there's a ghost in my house
  • He ran past me the other morning - he looks fit