Paris-Tours *spoilers*

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited October 2014 in Pro race
How did that happen! End of season shake down . Scott Thwaites gets a ride . Degenkolb and Demare .
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Paris_Tours_2014-Startlist

CARTE.jpg

Comments

• How come of the many races Paris-to somewhere there isn't one that actually starts in Paris anymore? Bloody French!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Was a good race last year. Currently raining, with 7 in the break including Voeckler, Jelle Wallays, Kevin van Melsen, Cesare Benedetti, Aurelien Duval and a couple of riders from La Pomme and Roubaix. 2'40 with 155km ridden.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    How come of the many races Paris-to somewhere there isn't one that actually starts in Paris anymore? Bloody French!
    At least they're still on the same continent, unlike the Paris-Dakar rally.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crampeur
    Tennis instead :roll:
  • Girlie tennis remains the home of cycling. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Crampeur
    Finally! 1"40 with 26km to go. Jimmy Engoulvent/Clement Koretzky in between.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Hey! There's Tommy Voeckler!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Interesting situation in last 20 here.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    How come of the many races Paris-to somewhere there isn't one that actually starts in Paris anymore? Bloody French!
    At least they're still on the same continent, unlike the Paris-Dakar rally.

That dropped the Paris when they moved. Though your point still stands, obvs.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Did they move this race to Italy while I wasn't watching?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Crampeur
    Gaps opening up. Looks pretty slippery.
  • tailwindhome
    Place your bets

11.5km and 1.02 in hand

I say no. Not enough quality in the front 3
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Crampeur
    Place your bets

11.5km and 1.02 in hand

I say no. Not enough quality in the front 3

Agreed. Voeckler looks a bit knackered, although Wallays has some form.
  • I say they make it. Speak attack from Voeckler, more crashes behind
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    Lost 20s in 1 k
  • On a hill though. Depends if anyone will work with Giant

@gietvangent
  • Crampeur
    Oops sorry....Voeckler always looks knackered.
  • Crampeur
    Reduced group with Degenkolb, Sinkeldam, Dylan Teuns, Vicente Reynes, Tiesj Benoot and a few other riders drawn clear.
  • GVA and Van Marcke there too.

@gietvangent
  • Crampeur
    and Debusschere...
  • Group dicking about now... This is how it happens

@gietvangent
  • Brilliant attack and counter attack. Both with a rider from Giant and BMC.

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    2k to go and 28s
    Fair play
  • tailwindhome
    Gonna happen
  • Crampeur
    Wallays to win it.
  • 40s now. Group have given up.

@gietvangent
  • Crampeur
    Wallays won the u23 Paris-Tours.
  • This bloke has watched his Tommy V videos.

@gietvangent
  • Biggest ever win for Topsport?

@gietvangent