cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
halfords.jpg

Comments

• neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240
    Whoops

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    :lol:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I like how the tw@t in the white Audi is still trying to squeeze past :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    When I was about 19 I was a white van man for a while. There's a low arched single track bridge in Wimbledon under the railway, first time I went through I stopped and looked to see if it would fit. As time went on I could get through it a bit quicker. Then they put up a warning light system that would light up if you were too high to fit through. The van was tall enough to set off the warnings, but low enough to clear the bridge. Watching cars behind me slam on their brakes as I drove through with warning lights flashing was great fun. If they had resurfaced the road I could have been in trouble.
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Veronese68 wrote:
    When I was about 19 I was a white van man for a while. There's a low arched single track bridge in Wimbledon under the railway, first time I went through I stopped and looked to see if it would fit. As time went on I could get through it a bit quicker. Then they put up a warning light system that would light up if you were too high to fit through. The van was tall enough to set off the warnings, but low enough to clear the bridge. Watching cars behind me slam on their brakes as I drove through with warning lights flashing was great fun. If they had resurfaced the road I could have been in trouble.

So YOU were driving this lorry :lol:
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    This is just near me, and I don't understand what he was doing in that area.

I cycle under the bridge quite a bit, so maybe he was just setting a strava PB?
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Lookyhere wrote:
    So YOU were driving this lorry :lol:
    Thankfully not. I know a guy that used to run a garage a long time ago and they were dragging lorries out from under a bridge near them on a regular basis. Turned out the height sign was wrong.
    None were as funny as that though.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Veronese68 wrote:

I've heard of the same problem when there's been snow on the road. A chap got stuck under a bridge in Norway because according to the sign he had the room, but didn't realise there was a foot of compacted snow under his wheels.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Similar sort of thing, concrete lorry delivered to a site but had to reverse under an archway to get to site. Much ohhing and ahhing and careful reversing saw him under the arch. he then tipped the concrete and drove forward only to collide with the brickwork as his lorry had now gained a couple of inches :D
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    arran77 wrote:
    I like how the tw@t in the white Audi is still trying to squeeze past :lol:

bet he didn't use his rearview mirror or indicators either,i actually don't think they get fitted to Audi's

back to the photo,bout sums Halfords up,wonder if they will show this on their annoying TV adverts on Dave,making themselves out to be clever about cars and the rest of us stupid
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    I strongly suspect, given the red car parked up pointing the opposite direction, that the Audi was also parked minding his own business. Bet the driver was well chuffed, especially when Halfords offered to fix it at one of their Autocentres....

(This in no way implies that I am defending Audi's in general)