If you'd been given a list

Andy
Andy Posts: 8,207
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
A shopping list, which mouthwash would you buy?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Purple.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yes.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I sadly still work in a dental lab, most I speak to say: http://www.corsodyl.co.uk/

Wouldn't be surprised if the point of this thread has gone over my head though..
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Russian Standard or Absolut
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Whatever it says on the list or she'll have yer knackers when you get home with the shopping :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Chemist, hydrogen peroxide. Forget that fancy sh*t.
  • Schmako wrote:
    I sadly still work in a dental lab, most I speak to say: http://www.corsodyl.co.uk..

My dentist recommends that too.

Do you dental types work on commission...?

8)
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Schmako wrote:
    I sadly still work in a dental lab, most I speak to say: http://www.corsodyl.co.uk..

My dentist recommends that too.

Do you dental types work on commission...?

8)

Stains your teeth but sorts gum disease. Don't use it all the time.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Can't use it at the same time as brushing too, which is a damned inconvenience. When else would you use mouthwash?!

Listerine Total Protect (purple) for me.
  • supersonic wrote:
    Chemist, hydrogen peroxide. Forget that fancy sh*t.

Absolutely, but one word of caution. When you buy this it is concentrated far stronger than you should safely use it as a mouthwash. You should dilute it to below 1%. It can be bought in several concentrations, so do not assume you have the one described below. As far as I know it can be bought in 100 volume, 20 volume and 9 volume.

One commercially available concentration is 9% w/v, (which is also known as 30 volume because of the relative volume of oxygen released to the liquid containing it). Many bottles will give instructions for diluting to make up a mouthwash and if they are there you should follow them. The solution needs to be very dilute.

By way of example dilution of one part 9% with eight parts water will make it weak enough to be safe, and frankly it tastes better than mouthwash. It will not store for any length of time in contact with most plastics.

Years back there was a powdered product called Bocasan which contained sodium perborate which hydrolysed when made into a solution to release hydrogen peroxide. It was used primarily to treat oral infections, but the peroxide it formed would whiten teeth as well.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Andy wrote:
    A shopping list, which mouthwash would you buy?

I wouldn't - I've got the wife for shopping
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Maybe time for me to stop cottaging.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools