Tesco jet

mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
Anyone see the news today that Tesco have taken delivery of a Gulfstream jet? Apparently Tesco own 5 private jets and to think they've just had some accounting 'issues'. Now I know why their stuff is expensive.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... upermarket
M.Rushton

Comments

• Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    Yes...the last thing you want after filing a £0.25bn accounting 'oversight'? Taking delivery of your £30m Gulfstream :roll:

The board meeting must have fantastic...."OK, we've owned up. We've brought in new people. We've put the mitigation plan together. Let's just DO IT !!! Now...any other business?"

"Well,sir, there is just just one small thing...."
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    No, they own several assets which are not critical to business so they're selling them. Big story.
  • Gethinceri wrote:
    No, they own several assets which are not critical to business so they're selling them. Big story.
    If they're not 'critical to business' then why did they buy them in the first place?!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    they ordered it 2 years ago, are legally obliged to take delivery, and are selling it immediately.
    Former CEO bought it.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Gethinceri wrote:
    If they're not 'critical to business' then why did they buy them in the first place?!
    Businesses buy many things that are not critical.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    coriordan wrote:
    they ordered it 2 years ago, are legally obliged to take delivery, and are selling it immediately.
    Former CEO bought it.

When they had the American stores? Anyway don't let the truth get in the way of a good news story
  • mrushton wrote:
    Anyone see the news today that Tesco have taken delivery of a Gulfstream jet? Apparently Tesco own 5 private jets and to think they've just had some accounting 'issues'. Now I know why their stuff is expensive.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... upermarket
    If they have RR engines that's alright. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    I bet you Mr Aldi will make an offer if that jet is discounted.

Did you see what I did there?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    It might be on sale in Lidl but only for a week and then back to ski-wear, horse blankets, knitting machines etc
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    RideOnTime wrote:
    It might be on sale in Lidl but only for a week and then back to ski-wear, horse blankets, knitting machines etc

I might buy it of it comes with a free workstand.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!