Cape Town Cycle Tour 2015

Dippydog3
Dippydog3 Posts: 414
Just finished our entry.

Anyone else going?

Biggest cycling event in the world. Cheap entry (less than a local Wiggle) but expensive flight.

Comments

• Considered doing it; looks great and the cycling round there is fantastic, we were there in 2011.

But the flights are just too long and expensive for me and my mates will be in Majorca / Canaries, so it's a no, but one day....!
  • Dippydog3
    Considered doing it; looks great and the cycling round there is fantastic, we were there in 2011.

But the flights are just too long and expensive for me and my mates will be in Majorca / Canaries, so it's a no, but one day....!
    February in Majorca is the ideal training camp for Cape Town in March :D
  • 6 of us globally from work are going. We just got back from a sales meeting and loved the place.

It will be expensive to get ther but dirt cheap when you are.
  • Dippydog3
    Scotty-Gee wrote:
    6 of us globally from work are going. We just got back from a sales meeting and loved the place.

It will be expensive to get ther but dirt cheap when you are.
    Absolutely.

I received fantastic news this week.
    I am doing the event with two friends of similar vintage (late 50's plus). One of them is bringing his son who is doing the Hot Chillee event the week before as he is a sort of semi pro. Really fast. He is entering the Cycle Tour on the Sunday with his Dad as a fun event.

The good news is that we have told him he is riding on the front of our four man group. The whole way. At a pace we dictate.

In return we will buy him beer, seafood, local wine and bestow upon him eternal gratitude. He has agreed.

Seems like a fair deal to me.

I can then deny all knowledge of who he is and claim my massive time reduction over 2013 is an improvement in talent, superb dedication, suffering in training and abstinence from fine wine.

My family will believe almost all of these claims.