Dark Nights

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
Hi All

With the night drawing in and having less time to get on the bike am I better doing a more intensive sort of training, I have been going out around 3 times in the week doing local 10 mile ish loops of mixed flat, up hill and down hill and then a big day out of the weekend.

I have a loop near to where I live which has around a 5 mile up hill section, so I was thinking of doing a shorter loop of around 7 miles with a lot of up hill in it, would this be a good way of getting fitter on the bike, I have only been riding a short time period and I'm 52.

Comments

• cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    You shouldn't use the on set of darkness to curtail your riding. There are fantastic lighting sets available for less than £30. Many cyclists have to ride at night commuting and enjoy it. But riding at night for pleasure with a good set of lights can be great.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • bj639
    bj639 Posts: 76
    I recently got back ito cycling properly and have to fit it around three young kids, work etc. So I do a sat morning ride then 3 weekdays from 6am, so at the moment its pretty dark but got myself some torches and its fine, from january I will have to ride on an evening (8pm onwards) so nicely darko n the country lanes round here but i dont plan to slow down at all. Gives me a chance to see the night sky and stun rabbits!