Who to Follow on Twitter

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
Right, as if I don't waste enough time on here, I've finally dragged myself into the 21st century and gone onto twitter :shock:

It all seems a bit mind blowing to me with so many choices and possibilities, I don't especially see the point of following your friends because you kind of know what they're upto anyway so what's out there?

Who and what is worth following?
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    No idea, I never look at it. Don't know why I even created an account. If anything is interesting enough it gets mentioned elsewhere anyway.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    If you like football, follow people like Danny Baker & Danny Kelly, Lineker etc. Media people are usually interesting, Al Murray is very active as is Richard Osman off of TV's Pointless. Red Shark Media if you're into professional video news info etc. David Badiel is good, Frankie Boyle nailed his colours to the mast for their referendum...

People come & go - pick a few to follow and chop & change as you get the feel of it, or as people float up & back down again.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No idea, I never look at it. Don't know why I even created an account. If anything is interesting enough it gets mentioned elsewhere anyway.

You're a bigger old fart than me :P

I need to ask someone who's down with the kids, where's t47 :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Completely agree with you on Twitter. Never ever look at my personal account but use it for business and for looking at cycling updates during races.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Only use it for work now, BBC Sporf is quite good at times, Stephen Fry is generally good.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    It depends on what interests you.
    I use instagram as I find it far better than twitter and get to see things I like rather than sifting through the cr4p I don't like. I don't go in for the "follow 4 follow" aspect of it as you end up with tons of stuff so only follow those that directly interest me.
    Living MY dream.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    I think this chap had it right.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You're a bigger old fart than me :P

I need to ask someone who's down with the kids, where's t47 :lol:

Twitter is far less time consuming than BR, plus the 140 character limit forces people to be more concise and clever... :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • If I had a twitter account you could follow me. As I don't, I'll keep you updated once a day on this thread until you 'unfollow' me. Today's gem is:

Thinking of buying a RC plane but therez so much choice.
  • arran77 wrote:
    I've finally dragged myself into the 21st century and gone onto twitter :shock:
    More importantly, who are you on twitter? I might sign up just to stalk you.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    If your into cycling you could follow say Cavendish. When you follow someone it is quite interesting to see who they follow. I like motor racing so follow joe saward.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    @seanoconn

This guy is hilarious!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    @seanoconn

This guy is hilarious!

I just checked that and it's locked :P

At least I know what you look like now :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    @seanoconn

This guy is hilarious!

There isn't a picture of me on twitter. I have an account but can't remember the account name. I only used it once to try and pull Susanna Reid. She, can't have got my message, either that or she confused me with the pervs that stalk her on twitter.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    @RickChasey has an account, he keeps posting pictures of lady parts though.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    @seanoconn

This guy is hilarious!

There isn't a picture of me on twitter. I have an account but can't remember the account name. I only used it once to try and pull Susanna Reid. She, can't have got my message, either that or she confused me with the pervs that stalk her on twitter.

You have a doppelganger on twitter then :lol:

Susanna Reid, that's a good shout :twisted:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:

What like dismembered body parts :shock:

I know the guys weird on here but that's taking things too far :wink:

seanoconn
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't use it for anything important, just follow some sports personalities and photographers of sports I like (mainly windsurfing). The list below are some humorous one which are quite random, depending on what makes you laugh.
    It's a great way to get a live stream of sports, for example F1, bike racing, football etc by following the official hashtag.

The below are some random ones I follow.

@Brilliant_Ads
    @GrahamThrones
    @Celebtionary
    @AreaManagerGuy
    @TheTweetOfGod
    @MTFU_Training
    @ukcyclingexpert
    @SoVeryBritish
    @GreySkyThinking
    @50ShedsofGrey
    @GSElevator
    @SarcasticRover
    @HRH_Kate
    @Charles_HRH
    @PrincePhilipDoE
    @oldmansearch
    @QueenUK
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Jimmy Carr posts some good quips.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Well Arran, who do you follow, apart from Sean obviously.
    Which shepherd has gained another sheep in his flock?
    Arran the Acolyte. :lol:
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:

Various odds and sods :lol:

That Sean's an ugly critter by the way so I'm doubting his claims that his Polish bird is hot :wink:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

That Sean's an ugly critter by the way so I'm doubting his claims that his Polish bird is hot :wink:

To be fair, you wouldn't come on here and say that you had just taken up with a minger would you? :lol:
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

To be fair, you wouldn't come on here and say that you had just taken up with a minger would you? :lol:

Imagine the grief you'd get given for that :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Right, that's it! I'm heading for the big girls thread. And that's not my ugly mug you **** bag!
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Right, that's it! I'm heading for the big girls thread. And that's not my ugly mug you **** bag!

Your going to post pictures of your missus on the Big Girls thread :shock: Good luck with that :lol:

seanoconn
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,533
    simonhead wrote:

At least someone gets close to your missus'.
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:

So it was you peering in through the window you pervert :evil:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    arran77 wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Only jealous as he wasn't perving on you.

Oleg isn't bad, though the russian tweets annoy me as I can't understand them. Majority of the stuff I have is work/news related.

Ted talks, David Epstein, Sebestian Montaz, Jered Gruber for cycling pics and lots of athletes who are active on twitter beyond what the team tell them to say
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Only jealous as he wasn't perving on you.

He probably was :shock:

seanoconn