Dolan Dual

ba68
ba68 Posts: 156
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
A simple question, does anyone here have one, what's your opinion, I can't decide between this and the Kinesis 4s as my new Wet / winter bike.

Comments

• ba68
    Really, is there no-one out there with one, makes me think I may not be making a good choice.....
  • I had one. Really liked it. Sold it coz I needed the space. Rode well, and did the occasional mini-tour on it also.

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    ba68 wrote:
    Really, is there no-one out there with one, makes me think I may not be making a good choice.....
    On a forum like this 'No news is Good news'
  • Did you do a search? We covered this bike several times...
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    ba68 wrote:
    A simple question, does anyone here have one, what's your opinion, I can't decide between this and the Kinesis 4s as my new Wet / winter bike.
    12294278875_afdc246ef4.jpg
    I bought the frame separately and had the bits put onto it. I've used it without mudguards too. I now have it as
    an allrounder (Mar-Oct) bike. I also use it on audaxes. No problem with 25mm tyres.
  • ba68
    Thanks DeSisti, how do you find the ride? I've got a Ribble Winter trainer at the moment, and whilst it's functional and does the job it's not particularly comfortable, it's quite a harsh ride. The frame won't take anything bigger than 23mm tryes so I can't even increase the tyre size to improve the ride. My intention is to buy a frameset and transfer everything over and then sell on the Ribble.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited October 2014
    I find it comfortable. This could also be down to the saddle and 25mm tyres. There again, I'm not the type
    of person who'd be sensitive enough to detect a pea under their pillow or mattress whilst sleeping.
  • Have you looked at the Ribble equivalent? It's the Sportive 365 - I have one as my wet weather bike and I find it really good - frameset about £500.
  • Banno
    Banno Posts: 63
    I can't help with the Dual, but I do have a TK3 which is last years 4S.
    It's an awesome bike for wet/winter riding. Racey but can take full mudguards with upto 28mm tyres. I believe the Dual can only take 23s.
  • ba68
    I have to say I am leaning towards the Kinesis 4s, the fact that it takes 28mm tires and a rack makes it pretty versatile and all the review say it's a pretty racy but comfortable ride. Also, aesthetically, the Kinesis does it for me, particularly in the silver, I think I'll be placing an order this week.