Giant Defy 1 2015

shaun75
shaun75 Posts: 223
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone bought one yet?
Looking forward to seeing a review and some photos of them.
Torn between defy 0 and 1. Really want to just go buy one but my head says hold out till spring.
Anyone have any opinions on the 2015s?

Comments

• mcvw
    mcvw Posts: 270
    I've seen the 2015 Defy 0 in St Pauls, London. Was very nice indeed - I even thought it was better than the 2015 Defy Advanced 3 they also had.

Luckily the Defy 0 wasn't in my size as I think I might've bought it there and then as I think it's a great spec at a great price.

I'm really torn between the Defy 0 and the Defy Advanced 2 (the extra £400 gets you their new carbon frame, plus discs etc)... Like you, I'm kind of waiting for the reviews of the 2015 Defy ALUX SL range, as that for me is going to be the deciding factor...
    2016 Handsling Bikes A1R0
    2014 Giant Defy Composite 1
    On One 4560b
  • Can anyone explain the pricing on this. How are they able to have a 105 groupset on the Defy 1 for under £1,000? Is it simply a matter of economies of scale, they're so big that they can do it?

Currently erring between the Defy 1 and the Cube Peloton Pro, it seems the Defy is a no-brainer (depending on fit) or am I missing something?
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Plenty of aluminum famed bikes with 105 at that price point including the cube. Canyon will sell you a 105 ALU bike for 899.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    As a large scale bicycle manufacturer they will have the buying power to obtain components at preferential discounts, plus they have a relationship with Shimano with their pro team.

The Defy bikes seem to be particularly good vfm this year with the 0 £999 and the 1 £899 compared to previous years models.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Correction
    DJ58 wrote:
    As the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world they will have the best buying power to obtain components at preferential discounts, plus they have a relationship with Shimano with their pro team.

The Defy bikes seem to be particularly good vfm this year with the 0 £999 and the 1 £899 compared to previous years models.