For all those who cycle in mallorca

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited October 2014 in Road general
At bloody last. Snippet from todays paper..... Shame im leaving the island next week ........ Typical

imagejpg1_zps39bf3bc5.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Today's weather: 'Scorchio!'
  • Thank God for that.

Was a crime to leave such a nice ride in that state. Was crying out for a resurface.

So will be ready for the New Year? Excellent!
  • Woo hoo! An amazing ride currently badly let down by that road surface so it's great to see it's being done finally! Just need to convince the wife that we need to go back again next year..... :D
  • Rode on here on Saturday and the surface was pretty poor. Once it has been resurfaced this will be a perfect ride!
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Thanks for posting that, its helpful
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Out there next week, thanks Jeff
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Out myself on Sat and had planned to ride this route in the afternoon, thanks for the info.
  • pants.....i was planning on doing that route next friday!!!
    will it still be passable?
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    it says closed for a month, monday to saturday 8am -8pm, so that would be a no.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • :evil:
    thats our first day out there, so we were hoping for a gentle ride out there and back.
    time for a plan B :)
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    About damn time!
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Dippydog3
    Dippydog3 Posts: 414
    Good that it's being done, but I hope they are on time. I might be able to catch it second week November.
  • Dippydog3 wrote:
    Good that it's being done, but I hope they are on time. I might be able to catch it second week November.

I'm there 1st week November, I'll let you know!
  • Rode up on Sunday and the first mile or so (from the light house) is re-surfaced and when it's all finished it should be a super ride
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    awesome, should be able to set a few PB next year, I had a horrible rear wheel sliding moment this year, not from the pot holes but some sand along the long flat middle section.

Also are there always so many goats along there? I dont remember goats when I visited as a youngling
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.